DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water/bottom sensor and a few other questions

vtcats

Reactions
On my very old original Mavic Pro, I would turn off my bottom sensors when flying over water because sometimes the water (glare?) seemed to fool them and cause unexpected actions.
Has anyone flown the Mavic 3 over water (not just high, but LOW)? How has it performed? I believe I read the bottom sensors can’t be turned off on the 3, so given that I am wondering I’d this is an issue or not.

Also, when ever I was flying from a boat (or any moving object), I would change what the drone was to do if signal lost from a return to home to HOVER. But that was GO4. Is this an option with the Fly app?

We have not had any issues skimming over the water as seen in our videos of flying the M3 over the water while it was raining . We also tested in the sun and at dusk and at night , the landing sensors did not get fooled .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Float on the Water.

Reactions: UAVquadman
We have not had any issues skimming over the water as seen in our videos of flying the M3 over the water while it was raining . We also tested in the sun and at dusk and at night , the landing sensors did not get fooled .

Phantomrain.org

great work! what about the salt water factor from small splashes like the motors and gimbal? I fly over the ocean everyday and on average I make about 6 flights a day, almost everyday for the last 3 years.

Last edited:

Phantomrain.org

Hi, I can see that you are using a rescue jacketandnit looks like its covering the bottom of the drone? If so Isn’t that also covering the sensor hency why it isn’t detecting the water to notice any issues?

Hi, I can see that you are using a rescue jacketandnit looks like its covering the bottom of the drone? If so Isn’t that also covering the sensor hency why it isn’t detecting the water to notice any issues?
The sensors are open on the bottom of all the Rescue Jackets , and although the drone will put a small fight to not land on the water , with a few more seconds of holding the sticks down it will land nicely.

The Mini 2 is the Fastest to land on the water of all the drones we tested as it puts up less of a fight than all the others.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

The sensors are open on the bottom of all the Rescue Jackets , and although the drone will put a small fight to not land on the water , with a few more seconds of holding the sticks down it will land nicely.

The Mini 2 is the Fastest to land on the water of all the drones we tested as it puts up less of a fight than all the others.

Phantomrain.org
Oh great to know it will refuse to land on water. Got a question about your wetsuit for the mavic 3, Since the drone has grills for the heatsink on the top front and back does the wetsuit cover them to protect from water entering them? Also do you ship to uk. Makes me nervous thinking of flying in the rain because of the grills and water entering the motors as it rains alot in north wales.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Oh great to know it will refuse to land on water. Got a question about your wetsuit for the mavic 3, Since the drone has grills for the heatsink on the top front and back does the wetsuit cover them to protect from water entering them? Also do you ship to uk. Makes me nervous thinking of flying in the rain because of the grills and water entering the motors as it rains alot in north wales.
We sell a lot of Wet Suits to the UK and offer the Members of the Forum a nice package and Discount so your in good hands.

The Mavic 3 Wet Suits Utilize a 3 Tier System to provide protection to the Back top vents from the Rain /Snow

I Left you a PM for the details of such.

Keep in mind the motors do not need any protection from the Rain but do need
protection from the Sand / Salt and Stones. on the other drones .

Phantomrain.org

2021-12-10_15h33_20.png

Reactions: Sripey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada