DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water Damage at home

icebox1818

Reactions
Hello,

Something unfortunate happened to me today. My neighbor living on our second floor (on top of where I live) forgot to turn off the faucet and caused the leak on our bedroom ceiling. I just charged my Mavic but I have put it back in the bag on the floor. The bag got wet, including the charger which was in the side pocket. The Mavic was in aircraft sleeve but now I am so skeptic that it won't get affected later on because it was in the moist for 2 hours. All my friends are telling me to include it in the claim. The inside pocket where there is a net is a little wet. What is the best thing to do here? I won't even try using the charger because it was soaked. Chances are it will be corroded even if it dries out.

Attachments

• DET_7856.JPG
    DET_7856.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 24
  • DET_7881.JPG
    DET_7881.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: tattman911
I agree with your friends. Your neighbor screwed up and caused you damage. It should be covered under his insurance claim. And that includes any accessories that were potentially damaged.

I agree, there is no doubt here, and its entirely provable. Claim for a brand new one, bag as well...

Thanks for your input guys! I feel bad for my neighbor too though.

Absolutely! But that is why we have insurance!

I don't have DJI care refresh but I have renter's insurance. The building owner will cover all the damages though.

I agree with your friends. Your neighbor screwed up and caused you damage. It should be covered under his insurance claim. And that includes any accessories that were potentially damaged.

Yup! Pretty bad. It was literally pouring in my bedroom.

You should absolutely claim on your neighbour's insurance but, tbh, I doubt that much if anything bad has happened to the Mavic and the charger can be dried and cleaned. I've seen lots of people fly their Mavic in mist, snow and light rain without any problems (after drying) and you'll likely find that the charger's electronics inside are either sealed in resin or have some kind of conformal coating.

You should absolutely claim on your neighbour's insurance but, tbh, I doubt that much if anything bad has happened to the Mavic and the charger can be dried and cleaned. I've seen lots of people fly their Mavic in mist, snow and light rain without any problems (after drying) and you'll likely find that the charger's electronics inside are either sealed in resin or have some kind of conformal coating.

I know that. But I don't want to regret later on if something happens. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: tictag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll