DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watercolour effect and frame rate

PeteS2017

Reactions
I am wondering if you can get this effect by selecting a high frame rate.

I used to use 1080 x 1920 at 48fps to get a smooth video, but noticed I was getting this effect. I also noticed I was getting bad moods effects and aliasing. I switched to 24fps for several weeks and all these effects seemed to vanish.

Yesterday, though, I tried 48fps again and the watercolour effect was just terrible - bushes looked like lumps of foam rubber and bunches of leaves on trees were rendered as solid areas of colour. Aliasing was bad as well - diagonal lines 'twinkled' as they moved across the screen.

If it really is the frame rate, then what is the point of providing 48fps if it is unusable?

Reactions: ivpool$
What is the resolution of the screen u r viewing on? I got aliasing when whatchin 4k on 3.9TV but not with 3.9 on 3.9tv nor 4k in4k tv

If it really is the frame rate, then what is the point of providing 48fps if it is unusable?

I understand it's something to do with the ability to use goggles .
Drone footage is relatively sedate and you don't often need framerates above 30.

Best video setting is generally cinelike or D-log with custom setting +1 -1, 0 or something near that.
Beware of underexposing to avoid noise reduction affecting darker areas.
The camera and sensor is tiny, it has limitations but can do a reasonable job if you work with it.

I found that dropping sharpness below zero gave instant water colour. I always have it at 0 or +1 to avoid this now

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929