DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watercolour effect

PeteS2017

Reactions
Has this been finally licked in the MA? It was the bane of my life with the Pro, and will be my main reason for buying the MA.

I haven't seen any Mavic Air owners mention this one yet. It seems to have been licked in the Mavic Pro too. That hasn't been a hot topic here for some time now.

I've experienced the watercolour effect with my Mavic Air... I'm going to properly post about it today on the forums, but it completely ruined video footage I took on a job and rendered it all unusable.

See my attached screenshot from one of the "more usable" videos:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 2.07.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 2.07.41 pm.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: cmason
I have a mavic pro and had it for a few months before. Only now I start having the time to properly test it.

I experienced the watercolor effect as well and couldn‘t get it fixed.

So I decided to reset the mavic down to the point of delivery and downgraded it via Assistant 2, then upgraded back to the current firmware.

I reset the camerad settings via dji go as well and deleted and reinstalled it as well.

After that the pictures were fine in standard and normal mode (both 4K and 2.7K, 24fps).

Switching to a different color profile worked fine also (d-cinelike).

Only setting the softness -2 again resulted in unusable soft, oil-painting like footage.

I will also test this some more.

Zero issues for me with D-Cinelike on my Air. One of the main reasons I bought it over the Pro was the better video quality. FWIW I shoot in D-Cinelike, -3 contrast, -2 saturation, and 0 sharpening. Color graded with a LUT in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent