DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waterfalls in NEPA

Spent some time flying waterfalls up in northeast PA this weekend and this was the fruits of my labor. I got some nice wind turbine shots coming that I still need to edit.

Enjoy!

Amazing footage! You are more daring than I would be in that tight, confined space. When you started to fly under the bridge, I had my heart in my mouth. Wonderful capture. I found the clip a tiny bit too long, and the canned waterfall sound did not change with each new falls, making it sound like the same sound track. I would shorten the clip by a minute and change the waterfall sound track with each different falls. Just my personal opinion, as always. It is actually fine the way it is.

Amazing footage! You are more daring than I would be in that tight, confined space. When you started to fly under the bridge, I had my heart in my mouth. Wonderful capture. I found the clip a tiny bit too long, and the canned waterfall sound did not change with each new falls, making it sound like the same sound track. I would shorten the clip by a minute and change the waterfall sound track with each different falls. Just my personal opinion, as always. It is actually fine the way it is.
Thanks for the feedback. I had originally intended to use just one run of each fall, but then decided to put in the secondary clips just to show some different perspectives.

The audio was honestly just laziness on my part...my original idea was to have it more dynamic and even raise and lower the volume of the "roar" as you get closer/further away from the fall sections...but editing it got a little tedious so I just decided to let it run.

Thanks again...yes, I did have some close calls on this shoot and my heart was in my throat on several passes as well but...gotta get that shot!

I grew up in PA. and never saw these falls. Although one would have to risk life and limb to get the view you show. Keep up showing the videos. I greatly appreciate them.

I grew up in PA. and never saw these falls. Although one would have to risk life and limb to get the view you show. Keep up showing the videos. I greatly appreciate them.
Thanks...I shot more than the waterfalls this weekend. Just need to edit some footage.

Whereabouts in PA did you grow up?

Thanks for the feedback. I had originally intended to use just one run of each fall, but then decided to put in the secondary clips just to show some different perspectives.

The audio was honestly just laziness on my part...my original idea was to have it more dynamic and even raise and lower the volume of the "roar" as you get closer/further away from the fall sections...but editing it got a little tedious so I just decided to let it run.

Thanks again...yes, I did have some close calls on this shoot and my heart was in my throat on several passes as well but...gotta get that shot!
There are numerous free sound tracks of water- waterfalls, surf, oceans, streams to pick from. If you go to You Tube or Google the term "waterfalls sound effect" you will get tons of clips, from which you can record and copy for usage. Here is the trick that I use successfully- Activate the voice memos on your iPhone, record the sound, and then send it to your computer as a wave file.(Air Drop) Under voice memos, find the three dots (...) and you will see "share." send it to yourself, and then you can save it in a music folder for usage.

I'm not sure how to send or capture a wave file to a P.C. but Apple iPhone and computers do it seamlessly with Air Drop.

Sir, you are my hero, as I have always loved waterfalls. I have often wanted to take shots like you did here, but was afraid to fly so close to the water, under bridges, or through tunnels. I always thought the drone would go into attitude mode and trouble would ensue. I would love to chat with you about your flying. I live three hours away, in western Maryland . How can I get in touch with you?

Sir, you are my hero, as I have always loved waterfalls. I have often wanted to take shots like you did here, but was afraid to fly so close to the water, under bridges, or through tunnels. I always thought the drone would go into attitude mode and trouble would ensue. I would love to chat with you about your flying. I live three hours away, in western Maryland . How can I get in touch with you?
I appreciate that! It's definitely not without risk, but if you're careful, you can limit that risk. Feel free to reach out to me at bigswedetactical2 (at) gmail.com

Great footage! What model drone did you shoot this with? Sensor settings? If I ever find a spot to shoot something like this, I'm not sure I would have the nerve to do it.

Great footage! What model drone did you shoot this with? Sensor settings? If I ever find a spot to shoot something like this, I'm not sure I would have the nerve to do it.
MA2 - Tripod Mode - Collision avoidance turned off. It's definitely nerve-wracking and I had a couple close calls... Do what you got to do to get the shot.

Reactions: jimlips
MA2 - Tripod Mode - Collision avoidance turned off. It's definitely nerve-wracking and I had a couple close calls... Do what you got to do to get the shot.
I have not really used Tripod mode except for some maneuvering my M2Z to land manually. I think I will go practice. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jimlips

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada