DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wave Angels Oregon Coast -- All opinions appreciated

seat108

Reactions
I think that we can all agree, friends and family cannot be trusted for constructive criticism. This thread is a great idea.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
This is one of my first videos, I almost didn't stop the car but the sunset was perfect, no airports within 20 miles, B4UFly said just do it.
Youtube banned this video at first and 8 months after my appeal, they said, sorry. They must have thought there were subliminal messages in the waves. They may be right.

Having read you text I can sort of see the objection. But in truth I was initially going to ask, is this the result of image processing, it becomes obvious that it is.
However that in itself prompts the question, did you see the finished shot in your mind's eye as you saw the original scene?
That would be impressive in itself.

Reactions: davemorts
Having read you text I can sort of see the objection. But in truth I was initially going to ask, is this the result of image processing, it becomes obvious that it is.
However that in itself prompts the question, did you see the finished shot in your mind's eye as you saw the original scene?
That would be impressive in itself.
After I shot this I was playing with an app on my phone, checking out all of the features. I clicked on one called 'mirror' and kind of liked what it did. I later was able to do the same thing in Adobe Premiere. I definitely didn't think of this while flying.

Well ........... alternative considerations aside it is a very nice effect.

After I shot this I was playing with an app on my phone, checking out all of the features. I clicked on one called 'mirror' and kind of liked what it did. I later was able to do the same thing in Adobe Premiere. I definitely didn't think of this while flying.
I, for one, Would greatly appreciate learning how you did this in Premiere. I have Premiere and haven't a clue how it could be done. Is there a You Tube demonstration? It is obviously a mirror image. My first and final impressions are that it is really like as Rorschak Inkblot test. I loved the music selection. The flying was great. The conception was brilliant.

I, for one, Would greatly appreciate learning how you did this in Premiere. I have Premiere and haven't a clue how it could be done. Is there a You Tube demonstration? It is obviously a mirror image. My first and final impressions are that it is really like as Rorschak Inkblot test. I loved the music selection. The flying was great. The conception was brilliant.
The mirror is done by using a flip effect and masking half of the video. Here is the tutorial that taught me how:

Other than the mirroring the other processing was pretty standard for HQ 55 FOV Log footage. -- I bumped up the contrast, saturation, and sharpening.

There were many things about this that were surprising. The kaleidoscope looking sequence at the end was just the Mavic 2 Pro turning slowly and heading back to me.

This was one continuous shot in tripod mode with two exceptions. I opened the aperture one click in the middle which turned out to be a dumb move, I tried to mask this change by cutting at that point and doing a short crossfade. There were a few seconds where the waves created an ominous-looking face. Skeletor wasn't the feel I was going for so I cut about 4 seconds out and concealed with another crossfade.

I am a beginning pianist and worked for many, many hours learning to play the music.
Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the very prompt reply. I have bookmarked it and I cannot wait to try it out!!!
Just another proof of how great this forum is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121