DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Way point location results - Litchi - What do I need to do better?

56_kruiser

Reactions
I am finding the GPS location for waypoints in Litchi to be pretty far off. I've only flown them 3-4 times, so probably something I am doing wrong or don't know.

Below is a picture of the mission (topic is based on where it starts near the flagpole):

So I placed the drone in the street, what I consider to be pretty even with that flag pole. So, the very brief video below shows it taking off, then I start the mission, it turns and goes south for 20-25'. I'm wondering why it is so far off from the way point. I had 14 satellites in site. Any thoughts?

In my experience using Google Earth imagery (extensively and professionally), you cannot place a point on it and expect it to be closer than 7 feet on average. I am speaking of only what I have seen using local images, but I can assume that in most cases this will be true in other parts of the world as well. The photos used in GE are flattened, a little bit warped in some cases and then stitched together - and on top of that known inaccuracy, you can only expect consumer-grade GPS to be good for 10-15 feet in the best of conditions (wide open sky).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143