DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Software

realvue

Reactions
So... one of the things I have always wanted to do is fly waypoints. It when I got back into flying UAVs with the MA2 I was very disappointed to discover that even with third party software, waypoints were not supported. I was also annoyed because I discovered this shortfall AFTER buying the Litchi software.

Yesterday I purchased a used MP2. So, I will soon be using Litchi to fly waypoints. That being said, I see Dronelink software being advertised on this forum stating it has waypoint support for the MA2. Will this be something akin to the “virtual joystick” that Litchi claims will EVENTUALLY be available?

What’s the lowdown on the Dronelink software?

I’d really prefer to learn only one software for flying waypoints. I’m getting older and every time I put in new information and knowledge, something old falls out.

So... Litchi vs Dronelink. How do they measure up?

So... one of the things I have always wanted to do is fly waypoints. It when I got back into flying UAVs with the MA2 I was very disappointed to discover that even with third party software, waypoints were not supported. I was also annoyed because I discovered this shortfall AFTER buying the Litchi software.

Yesterday I purchased a used MP2. So, I will soon be using Litchi to fly waypoints. That being said, I see Dronelink software being advertised on this forum stating it has waypoint support for the MA2. Will this be something akin to the “virtual joystick” that Litchi claims will EVENTUALLY be available?

I’d really prefer to learn only one software for flying waypoints. I’m getting older and every time I put in new information and knowledge, something old falls out.

Have you tried out the intelligent flight mode waypoints 2.0 on the mavic 2 Pro. I have found good success with it and have posted them on this forum There are several good You Tubes on this if you search. You can plan your route on your phone or iPad before hand and store them, then, when you get to your filming site, you can load this plan and do the entire route, allowing the drone to do all of the flying. Here is a 3:00 minute film of one of my Waypoint 2.0 trials. I set a POI and multiple way points. I set the middle of the lake as the POI and the drone flew around this POI, keeping the camera pointed there as it did its route.

Reactions: sarimento1
I have not, Dale. I don’t take delivery of the M2P until Friday. But the fact that it WILL fly waypoints factored heavily in my purchase.

I first tried Dronelink, (because it was free), and was never successful. I have been using Litchi ever since and use it not only for waypoints but everything else except for "follow" and a couple of aircraft settings.

I first tried Dronelink, (because it was free), and was never successful. I have been using Litchi ever since and use it not only for waypoints but everything else except for "follow" and a couple of aircraft settings.
I found this You Tube on Way :points 2.0 tutorial to be the best one I could find.

I also fly using waypoints in DJI GO 4 for MP2 and set both POI, waypoints, speed, etc. before getting to site for an inspection. I then review video/photos to see if indeed I have captured the pertinent features and adjust my saved path/mission as necessary. I have not encountered any problems to date and have found it a good workable combination of hardware and software.
I would strongly advise updating your firmware and software after receiving you new/used equipment as recommended by DJI. Safe flying!

Hey Jeff,

Dronelink can definitely support you flying waypoints with the M2P and MA2.
Definitely take a look at this video to help with your decision making, as well as some others on our channel. This is a short one on getting started.

We have some useful differentiating features like 3D mission previewing in the web and mobile app that can help with creating and testing waypoint missions before getting into the field. And there is no lack of more advanced features you can take advantage off.

Litchi 100% all the way, I use it to fly 100% of the time I use my MP2 I must load up DJI Go 4 maybe once every couple of months to check a few things out but Litchi is the King of Waypoints for me, so easy to plan via Litchi Hub on PC to the finest detail then fly the Mission & relax - if you can that is, can't rate it highly enough.

Litchi 100% all the way, I use it to fly 100% of the time I use my MP2 I must load up DJI Go 4 maybe once every couple of months to check a few things out but Litchi is the King of Waypoints for me, so easy to plan via Litchi Hub on PC to the finest detail then fly the Mission & relax - if you can that is, can't rate it highly enough.
Yes, agree. I use Litchi for any kind of flight because it is simple to use, has clear interface, is quick to set wp and can easily change the mode during a flight. Unmatched features for me : restrictions silenced, interesting controls and most of all flight missions completed even if connection is lost (through wp). My comments are for my old Mavic pro.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. Have a MA2 and love it but really wanting to do waypoints. Got an awesome deal on M2Z specifically to have something capable of doing missions. I have tried a couple on GO4. I purchased litchi as well but have not tried it.

I’m in the same boat. Have a MA2 and love it but really wanting to do waypoints. Got an awesome deal on M2Z specifically to have something capable of doing missions. I have tried a couple on GO4. I purchased litchi as well but have not tried it.
Litchi (beta) can now do Waypoints with your MA2. It was updated in the last couple of days to add that feature.

I used the DJI Fly hyperlapse waypoints mode with a new Air2S recently, not very impressed.
Allows only 5 waypoints, very limited options on time duration and does not give you the individual raw still frames. Somewhat finicky about camera angle, but that may be due to user errors. Otherwise, the video render and final video clip is ok. I would have been happier with the M2P if this were a big deal, but not really in my case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada