DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints and AGL settings (Litchi vs. DJI Waypoints)

Avocet

Reactions
I waited it out and now that DJI Fly has a waypoint feature I'm not seeing eveything I'd like. 2 Questions remain:

1) Litchi has an "above ground" attribute which often helps from flying into a hillside as you traverse your points (this is also helpful when you export to KML and fly your mission virtually using Google Earth as it provides a relatively accurate altitude profile on the mission design). Unless I'm mistaken, and since I don't yet have the DJI Fly app in front of me, altitude changes appear to be 100% manual based on, well, based on ....not sure what. Have I missed something?

2). In DJI Fly, one of the waypoint attributes is "Lost Connection" behavior. I'm particularly interested in the "continue" selection. Let's see if I have this right. I plan a mission of waypoints and at some point in the middle of the flight, I lose connectivity due to obstacle interference (say flying behind a large mountain/hill/building. If the "continue" selection was made for those waypoints, upon emerging from behind the obstacle (in range of course), would connectivity be resumed and the mission continue as designed/planned?

As experienced Litchi users will know, losing drone to controller connectivity does NOT prevent the mission from continuing and Litchi will reestablish a connection first chance it gets (when within range again or when no longer physically obscured).

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
As experienced Litchi users will know, losing drone to controller connectivity does NOT prevent the mission from continuing and Litchi will reestablish a connection first chance it gets (when within range again or when no longer physically obscured).
This statement is true to the P4, Inspires, and Enterprise series, not to the Air 2s and other DJI's newer drones.
Litchi and DJI Waypoints are almost like comparing apples to oranges. They function differently.

The Mavic 3 waypoint mission is uploaded to the drone. No "virtual sticks". Yes, it does continue the mission after connection loss. Plenty of YouTube examples.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I waited it out and now that DJI Fly has a waypoint feature I'm not seeing eveything I'd like. 2 Questions remain:

1) Litchi has an "above ground" attribute which often helps from flying into a hillside as you traverse your points (this is also helpful when you export to KML and fly your mission virtually using Google Earth as it provides a relatively accurate altitude profile on the mission design). Unless I'm mistaken, and since I don't yet have the DJI Fly app in front of me, altitude changes appear to be 100% manual based on, well, based on ....not sure what. Have I missed something?

2). In DJI Fly, one of the waypoint attributes is "Lost Connection" behavior. I'm particularly interested in the "continue" selection. Let's see if I have this right. I plan a mission of waypoints and at some point in the middle of the flight, I lose connectivity due to obstacle interference (say flying behind a large mountain/hill/building. If the "continue" selection was made for those waypoints, upon emerging from behind the obstacle (in range of course), would connectivity be resumed and the mission continue as designed/planned?

Thanks for your help!
1. Altitude changes are all relative to your launch point, which is set to elevation zero.
2. Mavic 3 Waypoints feature the LSMC feature.

Note that Waypoints are exclusive to the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Classic. It is the latest aircraft FW that supports them, not the Fly app generally.

This statement is true to the P4, Inspires, and Enterprise series, not to the Air 2s and other DJI's newer drones.
Litchi and DJI Waypoints are almost like comparing apples to oranges. They function differently.
Can you explain the "continue" attribute on a DJI waypoint? I'll go check the manual as well.

Thanks for taking the time!
1. Altitude changes are all relative to your launch point, which is set to elevation zero.
2. Mavic 3 Waypoints feature the LSMC feature.

Note that Waypoints are exclusive to the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Classic. It is the latest aircraft FW that supports them, not the Fly app generally.
Thanks GG ... I'm ignorant, however, to the term LSMC. Can you explain or point me to an explanation? Thanks for your note!

Thanks GG ... I'm ignorant, however, to the term LSMC. Can you explain or point me to an explanation? Thanks for your note!
LSMC: Lost Signal, Mission Continues, as opposed to the otherwise limited Lost Signal options of only RTH or Hover when not using Waypoints.

LSMC: Lost Signal, Mission Continues, as opposed to the otherwise limited Lost Signal options of only RTH or Hover when not using Waypoints.
Thanks for your time GG!

Can you explain the "continue" attribute on a DJI waypoint? I'll go check the manual as well.
I thought I had. Litichi missions will not continue on drones that use virtual sticks like the Air 2s etc.

I thought I had. Litichi missions will not continue on drones that use virtual sticks like the Air 2s etc.
For clarification, the missions cannot continue without an RC signal because using virtual sticks requires serially loading each of the waypoints via the RC connection, instead of being able to upload the entire mission's waypoints to the aircraft prior to launching, where no continuous RC connection is necessary to know where to fly to next.

Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada