DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints offline?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I have had an MPP a couple of months now and love it, but I quickly discovered it's limitations so I have decided to jog off and get a Mavic Pro 2. I watched a video of setting waypoints which is far more to my liking and especially the fact that you can plan at home. But, I cannot seem to determine if you can preplan your waypoints in the DJI Go4 app without the actual drone switched on. I have a crystalsky Ultra and when you start the app it needs the drone connected before anything intelligible appears. Advice please?

Can't speak for crystal sky, but I have just turned on my iPad mini that I use for flying, and it's the same. No drone connected and you can't get further than the first screen. I guess that you can turn the drone off once you have connected and loaded up the map though.

I do have to say that Litchi is a lot easier to use. Having to set up complex waypoints on a tablet is fiddly in the extreme. I prefer the precision of mouse and keyboard on a big screen.

Reactions: Gindra
Can't speak for crystal sky, but I have just turned on my iPad mini that I use for flying, and it's the same. No drone connected and you can't get further than the first screen. I guess that you can turn the drone off once you have connected and loaded up the map though.

I do have to say that Litchi is a lot easier to use. Having to set up complex waypoints on a tablet is fiddly in the extreme. I prefer the precision of mouse and keyboard on a big screen.
Yep, I read about Litchi and I know it has a lot of followers but I would rather stick with DJI Go4 at the moment. Also I would have to side load Litchi on the CS which again I don't want to do at this point of time...

Yep, I read about Litchi and I know it has a lot of followers but I would rather stick with DJI Go4 at the moment. Also I would have to side load Litchi on the CS which again I don't want to do at this point of time...

Fair point well made :)

I have used DJI Go 4 and now have flown about a dozens missions with LitchI. One of the key advantages of Litchi is the ability to plan a mission without the done having to be turned on. In addition, if you have a PC you can load your mission into Google Earth 3D and fly the mission virtually to check for obstacles and proper camera angles. I personally have not done this step but many on the forum use this regularly. You can program your Litchi mission either with an app or just using a browser.

I use Litchi from 2 years. It has many options that DJI GO4 Waypoints has not. Beyond the possibility to create a mission without switch on the drone, You can create a relative to ground path so the drone can follow the terrain keeping the initial setted costant altitude. But the gretest feature is the possibility to simulate the mission using Google Earth with Litchi Virtual Mission so you can adjust all the parameters e before flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku