DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've had a question about waypoint missions and saving them for future flights. I fly a Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller. So I've noticed if my smart controller has a update, and I update it, my waypoint missions disappear. I'd like to save them to my computer or other storage device if possible.
Any advice would be greatly appreciate and Thank you in advance !

Ignore this! Oops
I have just noticed that this is about the smart controller.
I have no idea how you connect to the smart controller

I have iTunes loaded on a Windows 10 PC.
Connect your IOS device (mine is an iPad mini 4) and click on the [device] in iTunes.
You will see 1624208524282.png and a list of Apps
In the DJI GO 4 App folder you can see files and folders used by the App on your device.
Waypoints Missions are saved in. (waypoints.db)
You can save (waypoints.db) and other db files to your PC.

You can browse read and edit the .db files using SQlite and SQLite browser

Save backup and/or amend as many copies of waypoints.db as you wish.
Edit values and upload the modified or backup db to your device again using iTunes Add File.

Reactions: Foley909
Thanks....I'll try hooking up the smart controller to the computer and see what happens.

I see you wrote about waypoints. I also have the Mavic 2 pro and SC how do you set waypoints?
It's pretty in depth and I watched this YouTube to get started learning the Waypoint missions. I hope this helps ?
also

Ignore this! Oops
I have just noticed that this is about the smart controller.
I have no idea how you connect to the smart controller

I have iTunes loaded on a Windows 10 PC.
Connect your IOS device (mine is an iPad mini 4) and click on the [device] in iTunes.
You will see View attachment 130935 and a list of Apps
In the DJI GO 4 App folder you can see files and folders used by the App on your device.
Waypoints Missions are saved in. (waypoints.db)
You can save (waypoints.db) and other db files to your PC.

You can browse read and edit the .db files using SQlite and SQLite browser

Save backup and/or amend as many copies of waypoints.db as you wish.
Edit values and upload the modified or backup db to your device again using iTunes Add File.
Hoi
I have also the problem with RC ( with m2 pro) that I can't find the file waypoints.db in the DGI GO 4 There is only one tutorial video in the map Where is the task lybrary data ?
thanks for reply

After a lot of questions in here about this issue with waypoints and saving them to the PC. I've come to the conclusion that you can't do it with the Go4 app but Litchi (3rd party app) waypoint missions are different. You're suppose to be able to save a waypoint mission if you use Litchi but I haven't verified that yet, sorry. 😟

with litchi you can save them easily, I use the Litchi Mission Hub on the main PC on big screen, fine tune them and save them, make sure to be logged into your account on both PC & RC device to sync them, they update in real time via the cloud.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61