DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ways to cool down Mavic Pro motors

Texas Mavic

Reactions
Anyone have any know to work techniques to help cool down motors? Just flew a test run for the birdside amp mod, it’s hot as hell here in Houston. No way I can carry extra batteries this summer without burning a motor or two out and falling from th sky.
Very hot to the touch. Anyone know a way to check the performance and temperature of the motors post flight? Airdata? I can’t find it in Airdata if it’s there it’s hidden from me.
As always I appreciate any and all constructive criticism and assistance. Thanks!!!

Anyone have any know to work techniques to help cool down motors? Just flew a test run for the birdside amp mod, it’s hot as **** here in Houston. No way I can carry extra batteries this summer without burning a motor or two out and falling from th sky.
Very hot to the touch. Anyone know a way to check the performance and temperature of the motors post flight? Airdata? I can’t find it in Airdata if it’s there it’s hidden from me.
As always I appreciate any and all constructive criticism and assistance. Thanks!!!

They get hot that's normal. Theres nothing you can do about it in flight. After a flight you can put it in front of an AC vent or something but I'd be more worried about the batteries.

You dont really have to worry about cooling down the motors. I very rarely have seen them overheat, even in temps exceeding 100°.

With all the electronics mod stuff you do, you prob should get a temp gun. Cheap enough, and thats really the only way to tell if your motors are getting too hot. You should also temp your bottom plate heat sink at the hot spot.

I use one like this, and I dont worry if the motors are below 125°f. Plus, you can use it to see if your fish is done on the BBQ.

Core board hot spot.jpg

They get hot that's normal. Theres nothing you can do about it in flight. After a flight you can put it in front of an AC vent or something but I'd be more worried about the batteries.
Batteries stay in a comfortable window now that I have hardwired I to the Mavic instead of relying on the battery clip. Of course I have no idea what the window of comfort is on the motors. Kept getting motor errors but can’t find the details. I do use MAS props, and the Error kept happening while I was hovering.

You dont really have to worry about cooling down the motors. I very rarely have seen them overheat, even in temps exceeding 100°.

With all the electronics mod stuff you do, you prob should get a temp gun. Cheap enough, and thats really the only way to tell if your motors are getting too hot. You should also temp your bottom plate heat sink at the hot spot.

I use one like this, and I dont worry if the motors are below 125°f. Plus, you can use it to see if your fish is done on the BBQ.

View attachment 72939

I have one, but don’t know what the max temps are to look for?

Reactions: Former Member
Max motor temp (extreme) = ~140°f
Max bottom plate temp at the hot spot = ~115°f
When it’s 90F in Houston Texas, I really am having a hard time wrapping my mind around these temps. I’m 100% certain I reach these temps regularly. In cooler outdoor temperatures I might add. I’ll catch a temperature reading in the next couple days. If I leave the Mavic in the car the bottom plate gets to 100F. I have to say even hotter because what’s the human body temperature? 98.5? When I touch the bottom plate I shouldn’t hardly feel a difference if my body is 98.5F and the bottom plate is 100F max temp. My Mavic must be about to crap out on me because it’s exceeding these temperatures easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy