DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ways to perfectly mount the CrystalSky 7.85" (Ultra)

FerdiHaya

Reactions
There are plenty of different ways on how to mount the bigger version of the CS Screen.

This is my way:

I wanted to stick to the DJI mounts as they are nicely interchangeable between my Mavic and Inspire, that way I dont have to unscrew and swap the bracket.
So I used the OSMO CS mount together with a free printed 3D plate to hold it.
This method is rock solid, perfectly balanced and for me personally the best positioned as well.

See photos, they explain it better then I do hehe:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: Ping^Spike
There are plenty of different ways on how to mount the bigger version of the CS Screen.

This is my way:

I wanted to stick to the DJI mounts as they are nicely interchangeable between my Mavic and Inspire, that way I dont have to unscrew and swap the bracket.
So I used the OSMO CS mount together with a free printed 3D plate to hold it.
This method is rock solid, perfectly balanced and for me personally the best positioned as well.

See photos, they explain it better then I do hehe:
Great job

Mavmount is the only way to go for any tablet In my opinion...
See @Aerial West

MavMount is not a solution for my situation, their bracket is different. So if you have a bigger fleet then just only a Mavic, like Inspires and cendence with the DJI Mount you cant swap in between them without screwing the bracket off. MavMount is ok to use with CS if you just only use it with your mavic, still overpriced that MavMount is anyway.- My opinion.

Way cheaper then the mavic mount is the one they sell on Ali and bangggood etc. I have one of those as well, its very solid and one of the cheapest around, if only you use the Mavic I can recommend this over the MavMount and save some bucks.

Sunnylife Mavic Pro 5.5 7.85 inch CrystalSky Monitor Holder Extension Aluminum Bracket Tablet Mount for DJI Spark Remote Control-in Remote Control from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I Agree, I use the Sunnylife as a have a Mavic & a Spark.
Good to quick change between both.

MavMount is not a solution for my situation, their bracket is different. So if you have a bigger fleet then just only a Mavic, like Inspires and cendence with the DJI Mount you cant swap in between them without screwing the bracket off. MavMount is ok to use with CS if you just only use it with your mavic, still overpriced that MavMount is anyway.- My opinion.

Way cheaper then the mavic mount is the one they sell on Ali and bangggood etc. I have one of those as well, its very solid and one of the cheapest around, if only you use the Mavic I can recommend this over the MavMount and save some bucks.

Sunnylife Mavic Pro 5.5 7.85 inch CrystalSky Monitor Holder Extension Aluminum Bracket Tablet Mount for DJI Spark Remote Control-in Remote Control from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I still prefer quality over “saving bucks”, but opinions are known to differ... and with Mavmount quality it is

I still prefer quality over “saving bucks”, but opinions are known to differ... and with Mavmount quality it is

Thats another reason why I prefer the DJI Mounts, because of that quality you're talking about. That mavmount is overrated and overpriced, you seem a bit bias

Definitely a big plus going with the DJI mounts when you are running a fleet. Having the quick release plate is clutch. MavMount and DJI mounts are both definitely high quality. Each have their applications.

I Agree, I use the Sunnylife as a have a Mavic & a Spark.
Good to quick change between both.
Its indeed a very solid product for next to nothing, dirt cheap, and metal. We talking less then 20 bucks.Official DJI Mount costs 50-60 bucks on ALI (much cheaper then any DJI seller) and the MavMount costs more then these 2 combined hahaha doesnt make sense to me.

Thats another reason why I prefer the DJI Mounts, because of that quality you're talking about. That mavmount is overrated and overpriced, you seem a bit bias

I was dead set on keeping my display below the RC because I wanted to be able to see the screen on the controller. I started with my phone and was used to it that way. I bought the DJI mount but with the 7.85 screen under the controller, it felt weird. Unbalanced. I wasn't comfortable with that setup. I finally landed on the Mavmount and wish I would've bought it sooner than I did. Its solid. Theres no plastic parts. I enjoy it and recommend it to anyone looking for a way to mount their CrystalSky.

I was dead set on keeping my display below the RC because I wanted to be able to see the screen on the controller.
I'm just starting to consider a Crystal Sky or other tablet. The photos I've seen of the Mavmount confuse me, but if I understand what you're saying, it's the only one that allows a person to be able to clearly see both the controller and the screen? Can you post a photo that makes it clear how this works?

I'm just starting to consider a Crystal Sky or other tablet. The photos I've seen of the Mavmount confuse me, but if I understand what you're saying, it's the only one that allows a person to be able to clearly see both the controller and the screen? Can you post a photo that makes it clear how this works?
Check out: Thor's drone world

My 7.85" UB CrystalSky just arrived today however my Mavmount adapter won't be here until the end of the week. Any chance you still have that STL file available for your plate? I wouldn't mind printing one up myself to play around with while I wait for the MavMount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost