DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WD40 for motor maintenance?

facasi

Reactions
Hi, I was inspect my motors and I see a little bit rusty around springs, I a good idea using WD40 to clean it?

Hi, I was inspect my motors and I see a little bit rusty around springs, I a good idea using WD40 to clean it?
1526150245839.jpeg

View attachment 37791
I would think it be ok...spray it on a rag( just a little) not directly on the motors, and wipe it down, I believe you'll be ok...WD40 is Awsome stuff, use it sparingly

Reactions: seabeagan
I would go with some lithium grease put on with a q-tip. Something that's not just gonna fly right off, something not flame able. (worst case scenario)

Once you clean it up, around every 20 batteries I use a drop of this synthetic brushless motor oil to keep things clean and lubed, 1 drop on the top part of the motor shaft is all you need. Use it for my race quads as well, and they take a beating every flight.

I would go with some lithium grease put on with a q-tip. Something that's not just gonna fly right off, something not flame able. (worst case scenario)
Yup...and WD40 evaporates fairly quick, so flying around will get rid of what little you put on.
The Lithium grease that was mentioned above will leave a coating that will not blow away or run off.
As mentioned, use it sparingly and it will serve you. J.

You don’t want to spray that in your motor. At least I never would.

Super Lube is the best synthetic grease I have found. It has no petroleum and is nlgi 2 rated and also food grade.

This picture is from the CRC Msds

Attachments

• 9E2676B9-5E17-4D92-8B3D-7A9D696122EF.jpeg
    9E2676B9-5E17-4D92-8B3D-7A9D696122EF.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 34
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member