DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We all already have a Mavic RC Guard in our hands

flumpet

Reactions
With the issue of the RC sticks moving about when using the tight DJI shoulder bag or any other bags, people have been coming up with stick immobilizers for the RC.
Some are nice and provide the file for free, while some try to make a quick buck from it.

However, do let me share an idea I saw in one of my Mavic facebook groups on how you can quickly get your very own RC stick protector.

Basically, the box your Mavic comes in has custom cut outs for the Mavic and RC. So what this guy did was just to cut out the RC segment and then cover the RC with it. If you want added security just use a lose rubber band to secure it.

There you go, your very own RC protector, with very little effort or cost...

The RC sticks are also removable, and pop off, and are designed to fit inside the folding arms that fit that wrap around the phone. Try it. You'll like it! :cool:

Reactions: Kenny Valenzuela
i understand the sticks are not removable in all MAVICS

actually it might well be a small portion which are removable as i understood they finally decided to cancel that option on following productions

i never tried with mine as i don't want to take the risk to pull those sticks beyond reasonable

i understand the sticks are not removable in all MAVICS

actually it might well be a small portion which are removable as i understood they finally decided to cancel that option on following productions

i never tried with mine as i don't want to take the risk to pull those sticks beyond reasonable
Bummer! That was an undocumented feature shared by Brendan Schulman, their attorney. With no Mavic in hand yet, I could only look forward to it.

yeah maybe some MAVIC owner more brave than me will try !!

Reactions: KONY
The sticks are removable guys! Just need to use the correct amount of force the first time. Pinch them off between your thumb and forefinger with the side of your thumb pushing against the top of the controller.

Do not twist them, they come out vertically.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The sticks are removable guys! Just need to use the correct amount of force the first time. Pinch them off between your thumb and forefinger with the side of your thumb pushing against the top of the controller.

Do not twist them, they come out vertically.
You have an early production model. Do not try to pull them out if they're not budging!

No I do not have an early production model. Mine was built 26th October :)
Maybe they went back to removable. Odd because DJI stated shortly after shipping started that the latest variant didn't have removable sticks.

I would consider putting any contradictory force onto those already sensitive stick might be too risky...imagine if you disturb your remote which leads to the loose control of the drone on following flight...

Maybe they went back to removable. Odd because DJI stated shortly after shipping started that the latest variant didn't have removable sticks.
Did they? It was only one DJI person that said so on their forum, this may have simply been because they did not try hard enough. There has not been any official word from DJI as far as I have seen but could be wrong of course.

I would consider putting any contradictory force onto those already sensitive stick might be too risky...imagine if you disturb your remote which leads to the loose control of the drone on following flight...
If you press down against the controller and pot then you are not putting any force against it, as in not pulling it away from the board, you are simply keeping it static. These things are much stronger than you think. Also it has hall effect sensors so there is no physical contact with the pots in the controller. I know mine are removable and seen several others where people said they were not removable until they used the correct amount of leverage to remove them.

ok good

anyway i will not try but flexibility is always good to know

I was able to remove mine... even though it had some white residue , something like a glue type

That's great! Looks like some have been stuck in although god knows why as they are a tight fit anyway. Mine did not have any residue at all. Just shows though, if you use the correct method without putting direct stress on the pots you can remove them. :)

The RC sticks are also removable, and pop off, and are designed to fit inside the folding arms that fit that wrap around the phone. Try it. You'll like it! :cool:

You're wrong. The sticks do not come off. Those were pre production models. The actual production has them tight as heck and they do not come off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa