DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak RC signal Adjust Antenna?

Watto600

Reactions
Sorry I guess this has be asked a million times but today I sent up my mini 2 got to about 150ft and the picture on my iPhone started to pixelate and freeze , then I got the message , rc signal weak adjust antenna. Good weather conditions it was in my garden , never had this before ever , sent it up twice after and had the same result, any suggestions please .

Sorry I guess this has be asked a million times but today I sent up my mini 2 got to about 150ft and the picture on my iPhone started to pixelate and freeze , then I got the message , rc signal weak adjust antenna. Good weather conditions it was in my garden , never had this before ever , sent it up twice after and had the same result, any suggestions please .
was your controller facing the mini?

If you're flying with the controller pointing at the drone then it sounds like you are possibly experiencing considerable interference from an electrical device, possibly wi-fi in the immediate vicinity. Are you flying with controller close to anything that might cause this?

Get an Alientech signal booster then you can forget problems with signal strength, range etc.

Today I took my drone to some open ground for another test, it was a bit better signal strength was strong to start with , then it dropped to moderate and then to weak when the drone got about 400 yards away and a height of 250ft . So I returned the drone worried I would lose signal. This can’t be normal surely ?

No I mean the RC strength, I always have a good amount of satellites , it's the signal from the handset to the drone that seems weak ?

Flats of the controller antenna facing to the drone ??
Like this . . .
Drone .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. X
Controller .. \\
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. #

Occusync @ SHOULD be very good signal, not much can really affect it at such close range.

Maybe a flight log might reveal something ?

Any of the flight log people see this ?
Otherwise might tag one.

How do I show the flight log
Flats of the controller antenna facing to the drone ??
Like this . . .
Drone .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. X
Controller .. \\
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. #

Occusync @ SHOULD be very good signal, not much can really affect it at such close range.

Maybe a flight log might reveal something ?

Any of the flight log people see this ?
Otherwise might tag one.
how to I get to see the flight log ? This is all new to me . Thanks for the help .

Get your device (phone, ipad etc) and obtain your txt file for the flight.

Upload that here . . .

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Copy the URL for the report, and Paste / post that back here on this thread.

If you need any further help on getting the txt file, go here and read section 3.

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

It'll be interesting to see if anything can be picked up on what's happening.

maybe this from the manual will help

Whoa, thanks for correcting me, I was going on the older style controller with antenna arms !
That's an interesting design and the antenna, so with a drone more overhead I imagine if not holding it perpendicular there wouldn't be too many problems with weak signal to the usual 400' / 120m ??

Usually antenna direction on the older controllers isn't too much of an issue when flying within say 500m, I don't particularly try and keep it facing with occusync.

glad it helped you, like you, in the past I kept the side of the antenna facing the quad, this is completly differentThumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929