DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak Signal/Adjust Antenna

SodaShop

Reactions
I’ve been flying my Mavic Pro more and more lately and trying to use it to its full potential. Over the last month, I started using my iPad (6th Gen regular iPad) instead of my iPhone X. During almost every flight since using my iPad, I get a Weak Signal/Adjust Antenna warning when the drone is about 1,000 feet out or so. I’ve flown it much farther using my iPhone X and never got these warnings. Please don’t give me the visual sight lecture...

My first thought was how the iPad sits over the remote. I’ll try to attach a picture if it will upload. I’m in Panama City, FL (Hurricane Michael ground zero) so internet and cell service are practically non-existent. I’m posting this via a hotspot, so the pic may not be possible right now. Anyway, the iPad sits above the remote, but it doesn’t cover the antennas abnormally.

The live display does get very choppy and the drone lags with commands, but all the pics and videos it records are perfectly clear once I recover it. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be something related to using the iPad? I will say that since internet and cell service are totally unreliable in this area, I haven’t updated anything lately. I’m not sure if there is an update or not, but I haven’t done it if there is. My iPad also has a software update but I can’t do it yet.

Any ideas? Thanks! :D

I also had another thought. When I use my iPad, I connect it via the USB port on the bottom of the remote instead of the one of the left side. Could that have something to do with this problem as well? The pic I tried to attach is too large to add, so I've added a Dropbox link below:

Dropbox - JNC00501.JPG

i have wondered the same thing. with may galaxy note 8, i can fly about 3000' feet. with my galaxy tab s4, only about 2000' in good conditions. i live on outer edge of a mid size area. city to my east and south, and corn fields in the other direction. there are some tree lines that separate each field, with the first tree line being about 500 feet away. i typically fly at 400'. either device i use, i get interfence error messages,

my dad has a MP and similar geographical layout although a slightly more rural. when we fly his, 20,000 feet no problem, at 500' AGL.

i want to, but have yet to, fly my MP at his house to see if i get similar results. after seeing a post in this forum of a MP that had the TX/RX wire soldered to the isulation, im consurned that i have have drawn the short straw in terms of distance.

here is a pic of mi casa, and surrounding area. i live in the last row of houses, in front of the pond.

hmmmm, pic didnt post. guess i need to get the mavicpilots forum for dummies book out!

Anyone else on this issue? Using an iPad Mini4, underneath the controller with a MPP and occasionally get the Weak Signal/Adjust Antenna message.. When the message appears, all signal strengths on the controller and iPad show all bars and this can happen even just a few hundred feet away. It spooks me every time!

Today, when just 200 feet straight up, I noticed the live feed video was painting very slowly and then the message came up. So I'm thinking that the app sees the slow video - for whatever reason it's happening - and puts up the message. I'm wondering if it's slow processing of the video on the iPad that makes the app think there's weak video signal when in fact it's just the iPad/DJO Go 4 and not the actual signal between the controller and drone.

It's a very vanilla iPad - I only use it for this drone, and it's in Airplane Mode when I am using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22