DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Website of O'ahu shoreline aerial videos and 360-degree photos

prb

Reactions
Forum members might be interested in a collection of O’ahu shoreline videos and 360-degree photos that I’ve put on the website, oahupictures.org.

As a long-time (until recently) resident of the island, I’ve videoed the entire shoreline (first with a Phantom 4 and then with a Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro) except for stretches that are off limits because of manned air traffic (along the north shore from Haleiwa to Kaena Pt. and from Kahe Pt. around Barber’s Pt. to Ala Moana Park).

I prepared the website for documentary purposes and potentially for educational purposes. In a few years, for example, it will be enlightening to see how much the sea has eaten away at the land due to sea-level rise.

Okay, now this is just awesome. I almost don’t have the need to fly over these areas myself anymore...almost. I visit my dad in Makakilo every couple months, and my next visit will be my first time with my Mini. I’m already envisioning submitting for LAANC approval at different spots on the island.

I hope you’ll hear of many times your work (if you can call it that) is contributing to educational and environmental purposes. Much mahalo for sharing!

Thanks for the generous words.

LAANC approval is unnecessary from Honolulu Harbor to Kokohead and onwards around Makapu’u Pt to Kahuku Pt (except now around parts of the marine base) and down the north shore to Haleiwa. However, DJI no fly-zone software irritatingly limits flights from Haleiwa to Kaena Pt. Hacking the drone’s software would remove that limitation, and flights at a low altitude would preclude getting in the way of glider flights from Dillingham airfield.

Flights are permissible along a very short stretch of the ewa shore—too short for me to bother.

The great thing about shoreline videos is that, except for swimmers and surfers, you’re not over people.

I suspect the website might have considerable interest to the many Hawai’i expats now on the mainland. Pass the word, if you know any!

Reactions: Bobvt
Thanks for the post - even though I have never been there it is my wife's favorite place to visit. She just returned from there last week. She will positively enjoy your web !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi