DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Weekend in Seoul, South Korea

It depends on your camera settings on the drone first, then your settings in editing. Go for 1080p 30fps at a minimum on both ends. I know the Mini will do 2.7K max. You could shoot in that setting snd edit 1080p. You'll have to resize the video in editing but higher resolution scaled down always looks better. Keep experimenting, you'll get it. For a first video, this was pretty good. I would not have sped up the skateboarders. Color grading is another area that will take time to master but will help all your videos the better you get. Good luck. Keep posting!

It depends on your camera settings on the drone first, then your settings in editing. Go for 1080p 30fps at a minimum on both ends. I know the Mini will do 2.7K max. You could shoot in that setting snd edit 1080p. You'll have to resize the video in editing but higher resolution scaled down always looks better. Keep experimenting, you'll get it. For a first video, this was pretty good. I would not have sped up the skateboarders. Color grading is another area that will take time to master but will help all your videos the better you get. Good luck. Keep posting!
thanks for the feedback! i really don't understand the different settings so well. for one, what are the benefits of shooting in 1080? assuming 2.7k is far better, why do they offer both options? but yes, i will try as you suggest. shoot in 2.7k and edit at 1080p in post production. also, what do you mean by 'on both ends?'
again, thanks for your help!

thanks for the feedback! i really don't understand the different settings so well. for one, what are the benefits of shooting in 1080? assuming 2.7k is far better, why do they offer both options? but yes, i will try as you suggest. shoot in 2.7k and edit at 1080p in post production. also, what do you mean by 'on both ends?'
again, thanks for your help!
When you shoot and when you edit. The settings would be identical in the case of 1080p 30fps. Honestly, even if you own a 4K TV at home, shooting and editing in HD (1080p) will look great on any good television. So, don't stress about what settings to shoot in (just don't go below 1080p). The biggest advance to shooting 2.7K and editing in 1080p is the ability to zoom in and out on an individual shot. So, for example, let's say you are shooting a scene and later in editing you see something interesting in the scene you didn't notice when you were flying (your attention when flying is usually on flying and it's hard to see detail in the tiny phone screen). With 2.7K raw video file you could zoom in during editing to see that "thing" better, more close-up. That works even better with 4K.

Reactions: colorado kid
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej