DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Weekend shots - fog through...

Nice pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Dronacharya!
Reactions: Dronacharya!
Great pics. Are you not worried about the "moisture" getting into the motors and or freaking out the sensors? Saw a post the other day where someone way flying in fog and they lost their drone. Since fog is not real thick - makes for some COOL flying and pics / video's.
Most peeps who lose a drone in fog lose it because it’s foggy *and* the temperature is below freezing, which creates icing conditions. Ice on the props can eventually bring the bird down.

Most peeps who lose a drone in fog lose it because it’s foggy *and* the temperature is below freezing, which creates icing conditions. Ice on the props can eventually bring the bird down.

Flying at 300-400 feet in weather that is not freezing - say in high 40's and above would have a nearly ZERO CHANCE of icing the blades. Yeah, sure it can happen in near freezing weather.

My concern is since the motors are open (unless you buy and put on caps) - flying in heavy moisture (fog / clouds) will introduce that moisture into the open motors. Maybe the spinning props would preclude much of that - but who wants to tempt fate with a $1k drone, esp if flying away from launch point and over water.

Yes I agree, the photo looks like a picture of a painting. Maybe processed too much??
Yes, i enhanced the saturation of Red for the bus... but all as in the frame...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa