DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weighted load on mavic mini and fly away tree crash

CryptPilot2020

Reactions
Hi All,
I am new to the forum. I was hoping to get some advice about a crash of a Mavic Mini. I attempted to mount a flash light onto my drone (73.5g including battery). The drone had no issue with take off, but it simply flew away with little response to the controls and ultimately went into a tree and shut down. Luckily, the drone and flashlight are fine after a little dirt removal. Besides the obvious, is there some mistake I made that I can correct to get the drone to fly properly with that kind of load attached? Thank you in advance, it's great to be a part of the community.

sounds like you mounted the light over the GPS receiver in the drone and as there was no GPS lock it just blew into the tree plus it would have interfered with the compass as well

Hi All,
I am new to the forum. I was hoping to get some advice about a crash of a Mavic Mini. I attempted to mount a flash light onto my drone (73.5g including battery). The drone had no issue with take off, but it simply flew away with little response to the controls and ultimately went into a tree and shut down. Luckily, the drone and flashlight are fine after a little dirt removal. Besides the obvious, is there some mistake I made that I can correct to get the drone to fly properly with that kind of load attached? Thank you in advance, it's great to be a part of the community.
It's hard to say for sure without seeing the flight data but one likely scenario is that your flashlight was too close to the compass and caused initialisation problems.
Post flight data if you want to know what actually happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

And describe teh flashlight and how you mounted it as well as your launch spot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000