DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird double exposure on mavic air

Couling

Reactions
I've never seen a digital camera do this. Don't really know where to start fixing it.

Brand new SD card (Scandisk Ultra 32GB U1). Flying in cold temp (-3 degrees C)
Accidently took this while setting up on the table:
Then when I took these, I got a double exposure

Even after a reboot there's a grainy appearance which looks like noise / corrupted file.

Has anyone seen this type of thing before?

It was fine after latest reboot. But I have no idea what caused it and if I need to worry about it coming back.

Thanks

I'm new to this forum. I've changed permissions on the pictures now.

Something is def weird but i would def suggest u getting a u3 card and ditching the u1....wont be enough for the 4k @ 100mb/s any u3 card should do....also have u tried taking pics on "internal storage" to rule out camera problems?

I took photos on internal to rule it out... when I switched back the problem had gone away. Slow card really should not do this to JPGs. I understand it on video where the internal cache can't buffer the entire video before writing, but on jpgs that's not an issue and the software *should* just wait. These photos were more than a few seconds apart. Even at 50mbps write speed that's a 5mb jpg per second.

Even so I have a U3 on order as I want the video option.

A U3 would be better but it still shouldn't do that, as you say it should just make you wait until the buffer clears. it's almost like it's trying to combine pictures in HDR mode.
The last one is more concerning, but it does look like poor conditions and low light with 1/25 shutter speed which is not ideal.
These cameras are only phone-sized sensors and can struggle when you get out of 'normal' conditions

Hi guys,

U3 wont help!

I have U3 32GB card and this is 2nd time it did happened to me...( double exposure) ( in last 14days), outside temp around +10 C.
On todays flight half of the photos are completely damaged. First half of photos was fine and 2nd half damaged in complete.
I did take Mavic air down as i was changing the location. Switch it off and start flying on same battery 10min later..., all photos have bin fine again.
Problem is you can’t see while flying photos are damaged. Only once you are at home you see the disaster.
This is a big problem.

Will check tomorrow what firmware is on my “air”.
I did erase those photos, but will post them here when it will happen again.

Was flying for past year with Spark with no issues...

Anyone else have this issue?

So here are the info:

Aircraft firmware nr.: 01.00.0200
Remote controller: 01.00.0100
App version: 4.2.6

Are this lates ones?

Can any “DJI team” member responde on this?!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000