DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird glitch/drop for a few seconds (with logs and video)

seanaodh

Reactions
Hey all, I've lurked here for a while, but this is my first question for the forum. About 9 minutes into my flight yesterday, my Mavic Pro had some sort of a freak attack for a couple of seconds. I was able to land safely, but I'm wondering is it something I need to be worried about.

Problem?

Mavic pro briefly seemed to glitch, resulting in some strange video footage. Unsure if it was just the camera having an issue, or if the drone itself actually dropped. I regained control and was able to land safely. I'm wondering do I need to be worried about this, or is it something that people have seen before.

Was unit in a crash?

Not recently. I clipped a building last year and broke a prop from about 8 feet, but apart from that no issues. I have flown it since then without issue.

What have you tried so far?

I've extracted the flight logs and uploaded them here - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com but I can't really make out what happened. It doesn't look like there was anything crazy? The incident took place about 9:30 into the flight, just before I immediately flew it home to land.

It looks from the video (link - 2019_07_08_13_52_06~3 - Streamable ) that the aircraft dropped and was weaving, but I had control within a couple of seconds.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

Pixel 3XL

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

01.04.0300 - controller & aircraft

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?

Nope

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Yes! I've cut the portion of the video where it happened. It's available here - 2019_07_08_13_52_06~3 - Streamable

Last edited:
It looks like what has been referred to in this forum as a gimbal freakout. The gimbal sometimes resets itself during a long recording or if the SD card is too slow or has other problems. Were you recording the complete 9 minute flight?

I was, I usually record constantly and edit later.

That's what I thought when I saw the logs, and the fact that the drone didn't seem to fall or get hit by a bird or anything. I'll read up on "gimbal freakout". It gave me a minor heart attack when it happened, but at least it seems like it's not a major problem. Thanks!

This happened to me. I believe it's caused by the tablet or phone basically not being able to keep up.

... I usually record constantly and edit later...
One thing to consider when shooting long videos is if (when) the file gets corrupted you lose it all. That, and the fact that long, continuous videos tend to be boring are good reasons to record shorter video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent