DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird takeoff situation today.

Mavicrebel123

Reactions
So, today I went to takeoff and the only clean spot around was in a little depression where an old stump used to be about 48 inches in diameter. Everything started up OK but when I took off it was giving me a collusion alert and I heard on my phone “Atti Mode”. Then it took off and went about 10 or 12 feet up but started drifting around, of course I know what Addie mode is from it using the NAZA controller for so many years but I have never seen anyone talking about it for the Mavic air two. Besides, Atti still maintains altitude with no input required. Shortly after that I attempted to take it off again from another location and it went up about a foot and a half and then started drifting across the ground and went about 10 or 12 feet before I dropped it into some grass to keep it from going any further.
Any ideas?

@Mavicrebel123 ,you took off before you had a good GPS lock ,the fact it was in a depression ,didnt help either

Reactions: maggior
didn't you also have a message about vision systems unavailable? in addition to no GPS lock.
as far as I recall for ATTI (it) is no GPS and no Vision Systems

Reactions: Yaros
Thanks for the pointers. Right the flight log. I will see if I can interpret it. No warnings about lack of whatever, at least not audible. It was so bright outside I couldn’t reall see the screen from the takeoff point. By depression I mean a 2” difference in ground level at 48”. GPS puck is in the top front. Enough though apparently to cause an alert.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3