DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome from Southern California - Total Newbie :)

GoBigGuy

Reactions
Hi All,

My name is Jeff and I'm a total newbie to drones. (flew a toy a few years ago)

I'm a photographer looking for a new hobby to get into and this seems to be a perfect fit. I've been doing a lot of research and think I've picked the Mavic Pro Platinum. Figure for $100 more why not get the quieter Mavic with a little more flight time. I know a lot of people say to start off with a lesser of a drone and move up but I know my wife would kill me for that so just going to start with what I want.

My family just got a travel trailer a year ago and have been doing a lot of camping in some great locations so figure the drone would be another fun thing to do on the trips.

Figure I'll get the fly more bundle to really set me up. What other accessories should I get? Any websites or YouTube videos I should be looking at?

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

What other accessories should I get?
Here are my favorite Mavic accessories:
  • Extra Batteries (get them from DJI or Amazon)
  • Battery Charging Hub (makes it easier to charge multiple batteries)
  • Lens Pen (to easily clean the camera or ND filters)
  • Case (check out the Go Professional hard case or others here)
  • Extra Memory Card (find commonly used memory cards here)
  • Memory Card Reader (to easily transfer photos/videos from memory card to a computer)
  • ND Camera Filters (find a list of good brands to use here)
  • Toolkit (in case you need to disassemble anything)
  • Combined Gimbal Lock & Cover (the OEM cover has weak tabs that eventually break off)
  • Compatible Phone/Tablet to Fly (see a list of commonly used phones/tablets here)
  • Extended Landing Gear (in case you need more clearance between the camera & ground)

Any websites or YouTube videos I should be looking at?
Here are some items you might find useful:

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Now is it better to just get the "Fly More Combo" and get everything at once or is it better to piece it out and build your own combo?

is it better to just get the "Fly More Combo" and get everything at once or is it better to piece it out and build your own combo?
You'll save some cash if you buy the Fly More Combo and you use all of the included accessories. If you don't need all of the included accessories, then try pricing out what you need separately. In many cases, it's less expensive.

Hi All,

I'm a photographer looking for a new hobby to get into and this seems to be a perfect fit. I've been doing a lot of research and think I've picked the Mavic Pro Platinum. Figure for $100 more why not get the quieter Mavic with a little more flight time. I know a lot of people say to start off with a lesser of a drone and move up but I know my wife would kill me for that so just going to start with what I want.

My family just got a travel trailer a year ago and have been doing a lot of camping in some great locations so figure the drone would be another fun thing to do on the trips.

Figure I'll get the fly more bundle to really set me up. What other accessories should I get? Any websites or YouTube videos I should be looking at?

Thanks for the help!
Good going. You'll do fine. Common sense and pre trip inspection and you'll love it. I sure do. We have a fifth wheel and go down to Ventura from S L O to visit family. Wanted to welcome you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Thanks for the help!
Howdy from Wyoming @GoBigGuy , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair