DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

well done DJI for listening

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
well here we all are ,and despite some of the DJI bashing that goes on in this forum ,i for one would like to thank DJI for the recent inclusion of waypoints for the Mavic 3 stable of drones ,and for bringing out a more affordable Mavic 3 classic ,and now a Mini 3 as well
and another big innovation that has happened is the DJI RC, that now supports 5 yes 5 different drone versions ,that can all be flown with just one controller ,yes they do ,and have made mistakes ,which everyone likes to jump on, and complain about ,but its great to see that they do take into account the concerns of their consumers ,and are trying to improve all the time

i say well done DJI keep up the good work

Good post, many of my complaints were probably caused by the pandemic disrupting DJI’s timelines and I am glad to see features being added and some new hardware. Cheers.

A lot like everything in life. Shades of white, grey, and black. Call each action as you see it. Sometimes it's Bravo other times shame on you.

Reactions: R.Cowan
well here we all are ,and despite some of the DJI bashing that goes on in this forum ,i for one would like to thank DJI for the recent inclusion of waypoints for the Mavic 3 stable of drones ,and for bringing out a more affordable Mavic 3 classic ,and now a Mini 3 as well
and another big innovation that has happened is the DJI RC, that now supports 5 yes 5 different drone versions ,that can all be flown with just one controller ,yes they do ,and have made mistakes ,which everyone likes to jump on, and complain about ,but its great to see that they do take into account the concerns of their consumers ,and are trying to improve all the time

Well said sir!

Whats the point of being able to fly 5 drones of the same controller, if you can't buy a drone without a controller?

You can buy the M3 Classic without a controller.
id add that the DJI service is 2nd to none.

Last edited:
Reactions: R.Cowan and ANT0407

I agree, except for the hideous, smart phone we now have to have dangling from our goggles 2

Whoa. That's the first I've heard about being able to use Waypoints on the Mavic 3. Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently, but how does it go about doing this? Are we talking Litchi capability here or do we have to fly the route first? Also, can this be done with the DJI RC? Thanks in advance for the info.

Reactions: JoelP
Whoa. That's the first I've heard about being able to use Waypoints on the Mavic 3. Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently, but how does it go about doing this? Are we talking Litchi capability here or do we have to fly the route first? Also, can this be done with the DJI RC? Thanks in advance for the info.
You have to either pre fly the route or you can pre program on the controller from what I've seen. No Litchi compatibility as of yet.

Whats the point of being able to fly 5 drones of the same controller, if you can't buy a drone without a controller?
Well then you leave the controller in the box and fly with the pro controller that you are used to the screen and "feel" of. Also if you decide to sell the drone down the road, you have the original controller to sell with it for folks who don't have any other controller that will work with it. I understand what you're saying, if you could save a couple hundred bucks, why not. The fact is it would cost them to put together and stock two different packages, and the cost difference would probably be minimal.

Will the Mini 3 Pro get waypoints flight as well? Oh, how I wish it would. Maybe Santa 🎅 (DJI) would bring it soon! Thoughts?

Reactions: PHZ
@JoelP no it would appear that they have added a waypoints feature to the Mavic 3 range of drones that can be pre programmed into the RC at home and then flown later at the appointed destination,or can be added once on site then flown without having to fly it first ,this requires an App update first then the drone can be updated

Well said OMM. A Forum of course is for members to air their thoughts some good some bad most of them however provide help/advice, reassurance etc that what they‘re doing is right (or wrong). Dji do a great job developing and then marketing a super range of products and like all tech there is always obsolescence on the horizon as companies embrace new ideas etc and, which is what dji are very good at, delivering on customer feedback within the boundaries of their commercial well being. So we all help to broaden the appeal of our hobby through our contributions.

This is good news indeed!

Which are the 5 drones supported by the DJI RC?

Do the waypoints on the Mavic 3 work well? What does a Mavic 3 Classic go for these days?

I'm very interested in waypoint capability. What I'd really like is waypoints for the Mini-2, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Thx!

:)

@Chaosrider hi there as i dont have a mavic 3 myself, i cant really say how well the waypoints feature works, the 5 drones are the new Mini 3, the Mini 3 pro, the Mavic 3 classic,and the original mavic 3 with the telephoto lens ,and of course not forgetting the A2s

I fully support your comments however, when DJI no longer supply batteries for my Mavic Air I find this a major failure I have a perfect Drone that when the batteries start to fail I will have an expensive paper weight, even part used batteries are difficult to locate and come with obvious risks, so it's not all good news re DJI, if anyone out there is offering Mavic Air batteries for sale please contact me.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000