DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well my mav crashed into a tree after losing signal of only 100 yrds away

gixxerbill

Reactions
Don't get me wrong i love my mav and I getting to be pretty good pilot over 100 flights easy. Well I was flying over a canal on the island when it said weak signal which usually gives you a warning where you can go up or back to regain more signal not this time goes black and white and no control. So I am freaking out because I was only maybe 60ft above the surface with condos and trees around. So I hit return to home and then it said slide to return so I did and nothing happens. So I started thinking did let it hover long enough to get RTH location. Couldn't remember so I take off out the front door of my island condo and start walking down the street watching the remote hoping to reestablish connection. But intead I see video of someone holding it and it looking at the ground. Not good I thought. So I see a couple of people fishing and I ask if they saw a drone and they pointed a direction so I walk over there and see my drone on the ground looking pretty smashed gimble just hanging on by the wires front sensors all busted up.

The guy said it just came down and smashed into the tree. His wife jumps in with "yea, it almost hit us" ( i swear alot of women don't like drones some do some really DONT." (maybe they look at them as competition :D The husband laughed it off and said no it didn't and it apologized for it crashing. I said not your fault dude and I am sorry if it bothered ya. No problem he said. So now I am depressed as I walking back home.

I guess since it didn't return to home it's next function is crash into a tree I mean I had 45% battery left. I wonder why it just didn't hover?

Then to add insult to injury I called DJI and got some indian chick on the phone that I thought gave me the wrong address to Corritos CA instead of Carson CA. I waited 24 minutes to find someone that new the address to where to send the freak'n drone to. I finally said as suggestion why don't ya'lll keep the address by your phone cubical so you can help your freak'n customers next time you freak'n morons.

Can't believe it's going to be another 3 or 4 weeks till I can fly again. :sad:

I don't want to troubleshoot what happen in the last few moments....
Losing image feed or Disconnected from controller ..??
if your flying under trees and hit RTH there's no "Above sensor"
Mavic will go up to the height you set to return To home

sorry to hear that and I hope it's just 3-4 weeks

If it still powers up use the link in my signature for details on how to extract the DAT file from the Mavic.

It's going to be the last big file about 300-400mb and then upload it to a file sharing service. I can look at it and tell you what happened with the signal and RTH.

Rob

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr