DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well that just stinks

EpicFlight

Reactions
Pulled out the MA1 for some legacy flying today, only to find that GO4 won't run on the Z Fold 2.

So, ordered a cheapo 8" tablet from Amazon just so my P3, Mavic Pro, Spark, and most important my MA1 can still be flown. DJI does not know how to properly code for Android.

At least I can do some limited flying VLOS in close with just the remote, and I can goof around with gestures a bit and have it follow the wife and me around the beach today, satisfying the itch a tiny bit.

Tablet arrives next Thu. Thankfully plenty of other flying choices between now and then... ;)

I have had no problem with the Samsung Flip 3 5G. Works with FLY for my mini and with Go4 for my Mavic Air.

Litchi works, have had it for years, that's how I'm flying!

Sent the tablet back... didn't fit the RC anyway.

Pulled out the MA1 for some legacy flying today, only to find that GO4 won't run on the Z Fold 2.

So, ordered a cheapo 8" tablet from Amazon just so my P3, Mavic Pro, Spark, and most important my MA1 can still be flown. DJI does not know how to properly code for Android.

At least I can do some limited flying VLOS in close with just the remote, and I can goof around with gestures a bit and have it follow the wife and me around the beach today, satisfying the itch a tiny bit.

Tablet arrives next Thu. Thankfully plenty of other flying choices between now and then... ;)
Ironically, they favor Apple, but the drone runs on Android.

Reactions: Yaros
DJI does not know how to properly code for Android.
Exactly. I read somewhere that the reason they stopped distributing their DJI Fly app on the Play Store is because of a bug in the SDK, it wouldn't work when compiled to AAB file format, which is required by Play Store for several months already. But when compiled to APK, it works just fine. This shouldn't be the case!
They should prioritize fixing their code so it works with the new standard, which will work on newer devices, and much more devices.
Now they put the APK file on their website to download, but the APK standard is already pretty much obsolete for apps, it is only used for sending apps directly to each other on Android, and also used for cracked software on android.

On iOS, the Fly App (and probably Go4 too) works much better because it is properly compiled to the target platform and published to the App Store where it is optimized even more.
It's a shame to see such a big company that can't hire good programmers...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada