DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Went for a ride on some powerful tug boats

blackomega

Reactions
I finally had the chance to make the video I have been wanting to make for as long as i have been flying.
The local towage company invited me along to film some video for their internal use and allowed me to ride along one one of their boats.
And make a video with the footage I shot
Enjoy

This was perfectly shot , ,the B Roll was awesome , up close and showed what was taking place and than the pan outs made us part of the action, A great piece in a short amount of time. 5 Stars my friend.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
This was perfectly shot , ,the B Roll was awesome , up close and showed what was taking place and than the pan outs made use part of the action, A great piece in a short amount of time. 5 Stars my friend.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Thank you for watching. Thats me in the high vis vest in the wheelhouse. The captain of the tug had some great shot ideas. The top down view of the prop wash was one of them. Was an amazing to experience how powerful those boats are.

Excellent work!
As a 22 yr old I worked for a company that did repair work on Anchor winches. I had the good fortune to help with the repair work on a tugboat as well as a oil tanker, and your right the engine room on a tugboat is massive. I wish I could of had a cell phone camera in those days!! Your video has brought back memories long forgotten and for that I like to say thank you..

Reactions: blackomega
Well done blackomega! I suspect you have enough primo footage for a sequel? So you used a Mini 3, what about the wheelhouse b roll, what did you use for that? Again, nicely done!

Excellent work!
As a 22 yr old I worked for a company that did repair work on Anchor winches. I had the good fortune to help with the repair work on a tugboat as well as a oil tanker, and your right the engine room on a tugboat is massive. I wish I could of had a cell phone camera in those days!! Your video has brought back memories long forgotten and for that I like to say thank you..
Thank you very much for watching. I wish i worked on tug boats getting to ride on one was a very fun time. Glad you enjoyed the video.

Well done blackomega! I suspect you have enough primo footage for a sequel? So you used a Mini 3, what about the wheelhouse b roll, what did you use for that? Again, nicely done!
Thanks for watching. There was not enough left over for a second video. unless you want 10 min of the one tug pushing to hold. As for the wheelhouse footage. My trusty iphone 13 pro took that.
You might like this video as well then

I finally had the chance to make the video I have been wanting to make for as long as i have been flying.
The local towage company invited me along to film some video for their internal use and allowed me to ride along one one of their boats.
Enjoy

Excelllent! Told a good story in perfect time.

Really fine work, blackomega. The wheelhouse shots really help tell the story.
What's next? Outbound container trains? :)

Enjoy

Great stuff, both video's. I wanted more.

Great footage and color grading. Is your footage frame rate matching your editing software timeline frame rate/export frame rate ? It seems a little jittery, looks like frame rate mismatch to me, might be wrong though. It distracts me slightly from otherwise engaging video. Great work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa