DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Went on a 15 mile walk (trekking) which killed me...

Porky

Premium Pilot
Reactions
All all,

My good lady wife and I went on a 15 mile walk, trek yesterday, bloody killed the both of us? but had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We followed the edge of the river Crouch again but this time we went the opposite way to what we normally go.

Stopped off at a local pub on our way home, nice food and a couple of drinks. It was so funny trying to get ourselves moving again... our bodies had just seized up???

Got loads of photos but only put a couple through post at the mo and thought I’d share them with you.

Think I’ll take the car next time.......

385F2A0B-15EB-4B1E-8BCB-C955F7981563.jpeg

And a typical rolling English countryside. See if you can spot us in the photo?

FD3A61BC-FEC9-4CF2-9301-EDC75CBA823A.jpeg

These are beautiful shots! The multiple shades of green in your countryside are marvelous.

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated. I’ve got a few more but haven’t put them through post yet. It’s really nice seeing “colour” in photos again where everything has come back to life after the winter season.?

You could’ve trek 1/3 the distance and get your drone to the the rest. Isn’t that what the drone is for ? ;)
When I was in Iceland, I used mine to travel 1 km following a frozen water fall up a mountain. When I got back, the group I was with haven’t even reached the base of the water fall due to the thick snow.

Reactions: Porky
You could’ve trek 1/3 the distance and get your drone to the the rest. Isn’t that what the drone is for ? ;)
When I was in Iceland, I used mine to travel 1 km following a frozen water fall up a mountain. When I got back, the group I was with haven’t even reached the base of the water fall due to the thick snow.

Yeah I suppose so but it great spending time with my other half, don’t seem to do that a lot. It took us about 6 hours, I stopped to fly my drone and also stopping for a pub lunch. It was also nice seeing the countryside with my own eyes instead of the drones?? plus the walk done us the world of good.................?????????

Hm ... I was looking for two lying people... or something like an oxygen tent. I just can find two people who are still upright in the second photo ;-) So does not seem to have been so bad ... sounds like a wonderful trip and quality time with Julie!

Nice pictures too, buddy! ;-)

Hm ... I was looking for two lying people... or something like an oxygen tent. I just can find two people who are still upright in the second photo ;-) So does not seem to have been so bad ... sounds like a wonderful trip and quality time with Julie!

Nice pictures too, buddy! ;-)

Thanks Christian, all was good until we stopped walking. In the last photo, both standing..but once We’d packed up and started heading our way to the pub, well all I’m gonna say is, Wow.. bloody legs didn’t want to move?

Think I now need backpack straps for my B&W type 3000 hard case?

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks Christian, all was good until we stopped walking. In the last photo, both standing..but once We’d packed up and started heading our way to the pub, well all I’m gonna say is, Wow.. bloody legs didn’t want to move?

Think I now need backpack straps for my B&W type 3000 hard case?
hope you both have today off work to recover

hope you both have today off work to recover

We throughly enjoyed ourselves though dad, had a great day apart from our aches and pains??

Going out this evening for some sunset photos, just keeping an ? on the sky/weather. Looking good at the mo?

Sunset here is about 8.30pm, I’ve only got about a two minute walk to the river so fingers crossed??

Did you fly yesterday?

Reactions: old man mavic
We throughly enjoyed ourselves though dad, had a great day apart from our aches and pains??

Going out this evening for some sunset photos, just keeping an ? on the sky/weather. Looking good at the mo?

Sunset here is about 8.30pm, I’ve only got about a two minute walk to the river so fingers crossed??

Did you fly yesterday?
yes just up the common with my son in law and a friend of his who wanted to learn about flying a UAV spent some time with them showed them the mav flying and flew the rest of the batts to storage level after they left,it was not very warm, and windy at times lets hope it warms up soon hope you get some nice sunset shots

yes just up the common with my son in law and a friend of his who wanted to learn about flying a UAV spent some time with them showed them the mav flying and flew the rest of the batts to storage level after they left,it was not very warm, and windy at times lets hope it warms up soon hope you get some nice sunset shots

Well... the sunset didn’t happy, to bloody cloudy but I’ve got some nice photos (dusk). The river was like a mill pond, looked magical against the boats, the reflections were cracking. I’ll post some once I’ve put them through post?

This was the first time I’d used this new location, still by the river but so much closer to home. I’ll keep an eye on the weather through the week, when it’s looks promising I’ll go and fly. Like I said before it’s only a two minute walk from home so I’m very lucky???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett