DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

went to Europe this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moley!!!! What a poster like shot!!! Well played!

Nice pic. Where and how did you take off, did you have any complaint / police approach there?

When I got there I knew it would be a huge problem so I went straight up to about 1000 ft and played around for a while, sitting in my rental car, I was scared to go to close. Eventually I took the risk and flew directly over and did a wide loop while slowly coming back down and then turned around to throw off any on-lookers or police. hovered around 400 ft and came down sharply while going the opposite direction. after that I followed GPS and landed in a alley and drove straight there and picked up my bird...no one was the wiser...it was almost to easy. I actually did this type of maneuver quite a lot on this trip. But the Eiffel tower was the most iconic

Reactions: TSUPD
Great picture! I'm glad you were not apprehended.

Great. Someone else openly breaking laws and bragging about it.
Well done on giving people yet another incident to document how bad and irresponsible drone users are and pressuring for far stricter legislation or total bans.

The drone community generally seems to be the least mature and grown up of any hobby ive seen. Why exactly do you think a countries law dont apply to you?

Great. Someone else openly breaking laws and bragging about it.
Well done on giving people yet another incident to document how bad and irresponsible drone users are and pressuring for far stricter legislation or total bans.

The drone community generally seems to be the least mature and grown up of any hobby ive seen. Why exactly do you think a countries law dont apply to you?
i could sit around and later regret some of these things I do...or I could live my life and take risks.
my life..my time...not yours

When I got there I knew it would be a huge problem so I went straight up to about 1000 ft and played around for a while, sitting in my rental car, I was scared to go to close. Eventually I took the risk and flew directly over and did a wide loop while slowly coming back down and then turned around to throw off any on-lookers or police. hovered around 400 ft and came down sharply while going the opposite direction. after that I followed GPS and landed in a alley and drove straight there and picked up my bird...no one was the wiser...it was almost to easy. I actually did this type of maneuver quite a lot on this trip. But the Eiffel tower was the most iconic
Man.... You sucked flying there!! I'm french, and I can tell you that it's clearly and firmly prohibited to fly ANY object/plane above Paris...
You were lucky to not Boeing arrested...
BTW Nice shot... But maybe you shouldn't show this pic anywhere....

i could sit around and later regret some of these things I do...or I could live my life and take risks.
The problem is not about YOUR time or YOUR life...but think about other people who share the same hobby, and who will be impacted by new regulations/laws and who will be less and less free to fly due to some people doing *****...
I can also drive my car up to 200km/h in a town, it's my time, my life...but if I kill someone or desroy someone's house, it's not being my only life and time, but someone else life and time...even if I'm dead....and after that, governement will apply a new law to prevent people from driving too fast everywhere, limiting other people's freedom....
So think about it and stop being stupid...

Last edited:
I had a time in my life I had the same attitude. My mother tells me, i was about three yeras old then.

Do you not realize that your actions (and similiar actions by other pilots) will force legislators to impose stricter rules for ALL? Or does it not interest you at all?

Yes, it is a great shot, but what is the prize? For you, the second of fame with people daying "wow", for others, probably more restrictions. Do you realy think it is worth that?

Reactions: JoostGT3
The problem is not about YOUR time or YOUR life...but think about other people who share the same hobby, and who will be impacted by new regulations/laws and who will be less and less free to fly due to some people doing *****...
I can also drive my car up to 200km/h in a town, it's my time, my life...but if I kill someone or desroy someone's house, it's not being my only life and time, but someone else life and time...even if I'm dead....and after that, governement will apply a new law to prevent people from driving too fast everywhere, limiting other people's freedom....
So think about it and stop being stupid...
Clearly your problem IS about what I choose to do with MY TIME. You may not like what I choose to do and I certainly don't like what you choose to do with yours but you don't see me trying to persuade you stop to driving 40 in a 45 in the Left lane. At the end of the day you are wasting your time, there will always be opportunists and there will always be realists. Listen I have no animosity towards you, but please try to remember that for every action there is an equal and opposite government program. The sanctions and regulations will be put in place regardless if you agree with them or not. Maybe I am expediting the process, and maybe I am being selfish...but the day I put someones life in danger is the day you can be upset.

Thank you for describing the rarest and most horrific possible outcome anyone on this forum has ever posted. As a matter of fact if someone takes takes another persons life while piloting a Drone and in the process destroys a house, we have bigger issues to deal with and to be honest if that ever happens we should have stricter regulations. You basically took it to the extreme to get your point across Which I fully understand, but I am and will still take the risk...EVERYTIME!

I had a time in my life I had the same attitude. My mother tells me, i was about three yeras old then.

Do you not realize that your actions (and similiar actions by other pilots) will force legislators to impose stricter rules for ALL? Or does it not interest you at all?

Yes, it is a great shot, but what is the prize? For you, the second of fame with people daying "wow", for others, probably more restrictions. Do you realy think it is worth that?
you were an amazing 3 year old...Im impressed

yes it was worth it

(READ REPLY ABOVE)

you were an amazing 3 year old...Im impressed

yes it was worth it

(READ REPLY ABOVE)
Yes, I was amazing, we agree on that.

The thing is not that you are free to do with your time what you want, the thing is thinking about the consequences that might come from what you do for other people.

I agree, there are rules and regulations in life that make no sense at all, there even is a complete book about rules like that. Just an example: If you get caught in Mohave County (Arizona) stealing soap, you have to wash yourself with that soap untill the soap is gone. Once, there might have been a valif reason for that but today? So if you decide to steal soap there in your time, I doubt it is going to have the by law given consequence not do I think that legislators will feel urged to put up stronger laws to prevent you from doing it again.

At the other hand, there are some rules and regulations that I for me personally do not see the use of it, but still, as an adult and repsonsible person, I respect them. Not primarly because I would be afraid of the direct consequences for me, but because I think, that society is not about me but about we. This is even more important if you are in a country you jus visit. Showing respect to laws, even if you don't agree with them or if you do not see any benifit of them is something generally called "civilized behaviour".

If we ad, to come back from the fundamental attitude to the drones, that flying a drone is a sensiive thing, since many people do not have the knowledge we as operators/pilots have, staying within the rules to me is a fundamental attitude. Not that I would not like to make a long flight with my drone, far beyond the point where I can see it, not that I don't want to make some footage of this tower or what ever, I realize that it is in my responsibility to think about how other people react to it. If you know that legislators do not react to common sense but to public opinion, mostly expressed by thick headlines in the media and if you consider that media do not publish "good things" unless they can make a lot of money with it, it should be obvious they are just waiting for a drone to crash at the Eifeltower. THAT would be news. And THAT would cause legislators to put up stricter laws.

I am aware that your drone will never fail, will never crash because of malfunctioning and that you as an operator will never make a mistake that causes the drone to crash, but what if Murphy's law is applied to you and your drone one day? Is it then still only about you and your time or wight other people be effected?

Think about that for a while and ask yourself in an honost moment if it really shows maturity to only have you, your time and your wishes at first in your life.

EDIT: And don't forget, it is illegal in Idaho to give your sweetheart a box of chocolats weighing more then 50 pounds.

If thats the case maybe you should have kept it to yourself instead of giving the anti-drone press more ammunition and more reason to add more rules for you to just ignore.

Now I understand why this member started a thread, now closed down, to rant about how rude and mean everyone here is. He's upset that bragging about flying at 1000 ft above central Paris, while trying to evade detection, in order to satisfy his selfish, illegal and reckless desire for personal gratification, attracted negative comments. Quite remarkable.

oh geez...actually if you must know

I posted it because I wanted to reach my 10 post so that I could post in classifieds....my intention was to show a cool picture and so many of you are taking it personal. because I broke the LAW...ARGH

is it really bragging when I answered a question and described how the maneuver went ...I guess it is but its not nearly the same as starting the post in a "I am a tough guy ...I dont listen to rules...I do what i want attitude"

it has nothing to do with me gaslighting anyone. So you can take you assumptions and *shuts Mouth* If I wanted to make a post about how you are not the most pleasant 60 something year old ...then I would make a post about that> I do not see the need to start being rude and hot tempered because I see something that I dont agree with...as Maya Angelou said "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."

maybe being a drone pilot is something for us millenials...just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+