DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We're not in Kansas anymore... Well, actually I still am... New Mavic Pilot

• Thread starter Deleted member 154956
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 154956

Hello all from Kansas City! Fairly new to the world of drone flying. Oh sure I had those $35 toy drones over many years, but they were always terrible. So I just sat back and waited until the technology vs cost got to where I thought I wanted to jump back in and get a decent drone. DJI struck my fancy and I started with a DJI Air 2S back in September 2021. I loved that drone so much, it was exactly the performance I was looking for. A few weeks go by and I thought that little DJI Mini 2 would be a nice little drone, one that I could carry around with me everywhere, which is exactly why it was the next drone added to my collection. I've zipped around Kansas and Missouri, mostly with the Mini 2, then the announcement for the Mavic 3 starts pinging on my radar. You see, I was also a professional photographer back in the day and I would have given my eye tooth to get a camera into places these drones can be in mere seconds. I was also performing classified photography for the US Navy while serving 22+ years and loved that aspect of getting covert "secret" photos with high powered telephoto lenses from Canon and Nikon. So I sprung for the Mavic 3 and it was love at first flight! And just for good measure, since the Mavic Mini is being discontinued, I grabbed one of those a few days ago. A Holy Stone HS720E was added to the mix, but suffered a catastrophic flight excursion which resulted in two broken motor arms. I was working with Holy Stone for a month trying to figure out it's issues, when it finally ended up crashing. Now waiting for the slow boat from China with my two replacement arms onboard. Lastly, as a licensed private pilot, flying since the 1970's, I can get that same exhilaration as if flying my Piper Saratoga, without the huge per flight hour cost. Win-win in my book. Looking forward to many, many hours flying these drones and learning from the vast knowledgeable and experienced members found on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from the Crossroads of America Strega315.

Thanks for your service. 👍

Cheap drones are easy to crash.

DJI drones are easy to fly. :)

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask and the experts are great on providing feedback to you ... Remember to Fly Safe and Fly Smart.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom