DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini "We're not just anyone. We are all HEROES!" - Cinematic Short

Just a HERO

Reactions
Hi mates!

Due to my other two posts which had great impact and thoughts coming from you guys, I decided to publish the follow-up here also.
This is yet another project that wants to be cinematic.
How much of that did I managed to achieve, its your opinion only, but I would love to hear it from you so feel free to share your toughts! ??

About the video itself, took me 4 hours to drive to location, another 4 to actually record the stuff you see in the video and another 4 hours to drive back home, so that's that.

Editing was done in Premiere Pro and yes, all of it was recorded using the original Mavic Mini, alongside just a bunch of ND Filters.

My previous posts:
1. "Have you ever felt LOST?" Mini - Have you ever felt LOST?
2. "Just a TEASER" Mini - Just a TEASER

Your cinematography and editing skills are fantastic. I am looking forward to a future video where you really pull together a cohesive visual story. I don't know if this is just a hobby for you but there is real talent on display in your clip.

My only critique as I hinted at above is that I think with a little more planning you can really shine. Create an script/shotlist and a rough storyboard, then find locations to film that match your vision. I would find a contest to enter with some parameters that need to be adhered to..... this would force you to create a tighter story.

Your cinematography and editing skills are fantastic. I am looking forward to a future video where you really pull together a cohesive visual story. I don't know if this is just a hobby for you but there is real talent on display in your clip.

My only critique as I hinted at above is that I think with a little more planning you can really shine. Create an script/shotlist and a rough storyboard, then find locations to film that match your vision. I would find a contest to enter with some parameters that need to be adhered to..... this would force you to create a tighter story.

Hi mate! Your feedback is one of the most extensive and constructive I've got in a while. Everything you said makes sense and I would love to be able to follow your guidelines. I guess I would have more "succes" if I would. Unfortunately I already have RAW material for another project already recorded and its a 5 hour drive to go back there and shoot more, to actually follow your guidelines. So what do I do now? Ha. Should I just wait for next project and create a script of some sort?

I REALLY liked it Thumbs WAYYY up

Hello and thank you! Any suggestions are always welcome mate! ^_^

Great job in editing and sound matching the video.

Thank you very much PHZ. Also please be kind and do suggest what improvements should I do for further projects! ^_^

Hi mate! Your feedback is one of the most extensive and constructive I've got in a while. Everything you said makes sense and I would love to be able to follow your guidelines. I guess I would have more "succes" if I would. Unfortunately I already have RAW material for another project already recorded and its a 5 hour drive to go back there and shoot more, to actually follow your guidelines. So what do I do now? Ha. Should I just wait for next project and create a script of some sort?
I'm just a fan of your work. By all means use your raw footage as you see fit.... I'd like to see where you take it next. My suggestions were constructive because you asked for it.

Its hard to make drone videos engaging for more than a minute or two. In the "Heroes" video there are lost of great elements on display. The way you mix of footage from altitude, low tight tracking shots, and GoPro style video from outside the car all help to hold interest.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada