DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

western caribbean?

Markc_66

Reactions
anyone recently fly in grand cayman, roatan, belize, cozumel? how would i research rules there or just depend on dji's geofencing?

You'd google each location and Drone Laws . . . .

Belize+Drone Laws

anyone recently fly in grand cayman, roatan, belize, cozumel? how would i research rules there or just depend on dji's geofencing?

I would NOT rely on DJI to keep my aircraft out of the hands of authorities and my tail out of jail. They have no skin in the game.

Here’s 2 fairly good starting places;

Reactions: Markc_66

Hi Mark_66,
I was just in Mexico, to which Cozumel belongs, had no problems flying almost anywhere. Just be aware that you are not allowed to fly in archeological sites (Pyramids and the similar controlled by INHA, this gets enforced) and that Mexican law does not allow foreigners to fly drones, except for scientific purposes. That said nobody really cares if you fly your drone responsibly, e.g. don’t get too close to people, respect other privacy, etc.
Enjoy your trip and happy flying!

Hi Mark_66,
I was just in Mexico, to which Cozumel belongs, had no problems flying almost anywhere. Just be aware that you are not allowed to fly in archeological sites (Pyramids and the similar controlled by INHA, this gets enforced) and that Mexican law does not allow foreigners to fly drones, except for scientific purposes. That said nobody really cares if you fly your drone responsibly, e.g. don’t get too close to people, respect other privacy, etc.
Enjoy your trip and happy flying!
ummm i'd be a foreiner - so i'd have to say i was flying for science?
the last thing i'd want is a confiscated drone.

For science you need a permit.
I am a foreigner too! Don’t worry too much.
If you don’t do anything wrong, have an accident or / and hurt people you should be ok.
The authorities cannot / will o confiscate your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929