DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a beast the Air 2 S is !!

We noticed this right away not to mention how strong the gimbal is on the Air 2S . Great share.

With stronger winds you will notice that the gimbal on the Mavic 2 Pro will give way as well as the mini , but both
the Autel camera and the Air 2S will hold the camera positions much better in extreme winds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the RAIN and LAND on the waves.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence now trying to decide between the Mavic 2 pro or the new Mavic Air 2/s. Both seem to have the same camera and the new Air has quite a few better features. Any thoughts? I need it for photography so the 20MP 1" camera is important. I will also do some 4K video. Fixed lens WA is perfect.

’With stronger winds you will notice that the gimbal on the Mavic 2 Pro will give way as well as the mini’

Never had any issue with the Pro 2 gimbal even in the very strong winds on the Western Australia coast in Spring. The aircraft was being buffeted around but rock steady video.

I'm on the fence now trying to decide between the Mavic 2 pro or the new Mavic Air 2/s. Both seem to have the same camera and the new Air has quite a few better features. Any thoughts? I need it for photography so the 20MP 1" camera is important. I will also do some 4K video. Fixed lens WA is perfect.
Depends if you want a more expensive aircraft with old tech ?

The camera and d-log are pretty good. The issues for me are more to do with the gofly app.I have no idea why DJI are consistently dumbing down their application. Great drone, an application designed for idiots. Disappointing.

Reactions: offtheback
The camera and d-log are pretty good. The issues for me are more to do with the gofly app.I have no idea why DJI are consistently dumbing down their application. Great drone, an application designed for idiots. Disappointing.
The go fly app is slowly turning into a great new bit of kit ,it has evolved a lot in the the last year.

Sold my 2 pro and preordered a 2s as soon as the 1 ich sensor was announced not dissapointed in fact over the moon especially today as in wind it is as good if not better was sick to death of swelling batteries and the constant thought of loosing after loosing one last year to power loss probably a swollen battery popped out

Thanks for sharing .

The go fly app is slowly turning into a great new bit of kit ,it has evolved a lot in the the last year.
Have to disagree. Having been a DJI user since Mavic 1 I have seen vast improvements in the hardware and general handling of these things, but a general dumbing down of the software to a point now which makes them little more than toys with good cameras. The lack of ability to program waypoints is a (post) dealbreaker for me. Beyond frustrating. Hyperlapse is an utter joke on all levels. So many niggly issues that are so easily fixed....or simply RETURNED to the software. These things are, of course, intentional. They will no doubt be available on the next issue from DJI.

Reactions: L o k i
Thanks for the replies but I'm a bit confused. What is the problem with the software? Programing waypoints seems like a nice feature for my work of shooting stills. I need to concentrate on the photos with flying as autonomous as possible. I'll be using it for simple still shots and video flyovers of buildings. For complicated work I'll still hire my drone pilot with his larger drones with dual controls. But I need to make sure this new drone will get the job done on the smaller shoots. I assumed the new Air 2S has updated sensors and at a lower price with the same camera? Is the software issue applicable to all of the DJI drones? That battery issue also sounds like a serious problem. $2000 drones falling out of the sky at random seems very serious to me!

The problem with a lack of waypoint ability is also an issue for stills, at least it is with me. Shooting a raw sequence over a length of time between points is only possible with automation, ie: waypoints. As for video, without waypoint ability this lovely drone is seriously restricted and for no great reason as far as I can tell. Even my MP1 had waypoints.

Actually they’re consistently making their software better they started from scratch and they’re adding features as the years progress I don’t know why people can’t understand this

Actually they’re consistently making their software better they started from scratch and they’re adding features as the years progress I don’t know why people can’t understand this
Understand this?

Ive been with DJI since the M1 and Ive witnessed a persistent positive evolution in their hardware and the antithesis in the software. The 'added features' are part of the dumbing down of the potential of this machine. Precisely what are you talking about? There was a time one could program ones own tracking via the app and achieve a unique and bespoke result. What we have now is point, shoot and let the program record a preset Instagram friendly result.

Excelent.

Level achieved.

Perhaps it is I who am missing the point.

We noticed this right away not to mention how strong the gimbal is on the Air 2S . Great share.

With stronger winds you will notice that the gimbal on the Mavic 2 Pro will give way as well as the mini , but both
the Autel camera and the Air 2S will hold the camera positions much better in extreme winds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the RAIN and LAND on the waves.
Excellent: I have bought and sold many drones. I have settled on the Air2S and the Evo2 6k. They are at the top of their class.

Reactions: LostInDark
My first drone was the mini2. During the week I wanted for dji shipment I did more research. Decided in fairness to us both I needed the air2 for my goal and expectations. I used to suffer from paying little and expecting everything. Is this why experienced piolts have multiple drones?

Reactions: MMPerrish
Very true.look how the fly app has developed over the last year. ?

One limitation I see is having to purchase the smart controller as an add-on instead of included as it is on the 2 pro. I do not want to use my phone as my remote. I think i'm back to the M 2 Pro again unless there is a good reason not to.
Wait. I never heard about this. Are you saying the regular Mav2Pro comes with the smart controller now? Without an increase in price? Where are you seeing a regularly priced M2P which includes a smart controller? Or, whatever you are seeing.

One limitation I see is having to purchase the smart controller as an add-on instead of included as it is on the 2 pro. I do not want to use my phone as my remote. I think i'm back to the M 2 Pro again unless there is a good reason not to.
what is it with people still wanting the now old tech smart controller ? yes its bright but so are large modern phones and some tablets. we know that the range and video feed is sub par compared to the new o3 connection as well.i would not swap one for the std controller now ,im sure DJI will bring out a new smart controller soon.the only thing i can see is convenience if you use multiple drones.but maybe im missing something else,sorry i dont own one my good friend used to have one though.

Reactions: rxlawdude

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007