DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a bummer!

cameraz

Reactions
Last week I crashed my DJI Spark (50% of the blame mine), and after mulling what to do over the weekend, I ordered a new DJI Mavic Mini. One of the reasons is that I am a photographer first, a drone pilot second. The Mini's 3-axis gimbal will be a big improvement.

However, today I went to download the latest DJI Fly 1.1.6 app, and I found out that it is not compatible with my phone -- a Motorola Moto G5S. I use that phone exclusively for flying. My daily-use phone -- an Essential PH-1 -- also is incompatible. Curiously, I was able to download and install the app on my old Honor 5 phone, even though it is not on the compatibility list. The problem is that his phone is more than 5 years old and is hopelessly slow.

So does this mean that I will now face the added expense of having to purchase a new phone?

Hi, there is a solution for Motorola G5s: flash a rom called pixel experience:

Hi, there is a solution for Motorola G5s: flash a rom called pixel experience:

Thank you very much for this. It sounds a little complicated, but I will look into it!

Last week I crashed my DJI Spark (50% of the blame mine), and after mulling what to do over the weekend, I ordered a new DJI Mavic Mini. One of the reasons is that I am a photographer first, a drone pilot second. The Mini's 3-axis gimbal will be a big improvement.

However, today I went to download the latest DJI Fly 1.1.6 app, and I found out that it is not compatible with my phone -- a Motorola Moto G5S. I use that phone exclusively for flying. My daily-use phone -- an Essential PH-1 -- also is incompatible. Curiously, I was able to download and install the app on my old Honor 5 phone, even though it is not on the compatibility list. The problem is that his phone is more than 5 years old and is hopelessly slow.

So does this mean that I will now face the added expense of having to purchase a new phone?
Personally I would suggest purchasing an up to date tablet to use exclusively for flying.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
You need a 64bit device COUPLED with a 64bit version of Android to use the DJI Fly app.

I ignore the requirements for the Fly app to work with iOS.

Reactions: cameraz
You need a 64bit device COUPLED with a 64bit version of Android to use the DJI Fly app.

I ignore the requirements for the Fly app to work with iOS.

Thanks. You are right. I just successfully installed the DJI Fly app on my Essential PH-1 phone with no problems. Not iOS, but it is Android 10.

But this phone is the one I use daily and I will have to remove its rubber case every time I fly. I guess it beats having to buy a new phone.

Reactions: ff22
Hey I know I’ve said it before but honestly look at used iPhone I got a 6s with a bad battery.. was 40$ to have a new battery done and it has been flawless for flying and was very cheap... u can get a used 6s for cheap especially if it has a bad battery replacing the battery improved phone performance as well it seems ... cheap option for a solid flying device

Reactions: cameraz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair