DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a jerk, I feel sorry for the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading the article. He shot at the drone with an air rifle. It caused some minor damage to one of the prop arms. My biggest concern? If the battery compartment is hit or if the battery is damaged enough during the crash, a fire could easily result. This drone was flying over a forest. The shooter could have caused a major forest fire with extensive property damage and loss of human life. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OUR CAR MANUFACTURERES ARE MANDATED TO PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE OF LITHIUM BATTERY POWERED CARS (2025). People are going to die. A car loaded with that many lithium batteries layered right under the driver? We will see what happens after a few crashes with battery damage.

I just finished reading the article. He shot at the drone with an air rifle. It caused some minor damage to one of the prop arms. My biggest concern? If the battery compartment is hit or if the battery is damaged enough during the crash, a fire could easily result. This drone was flying over a forest. The shooter could have caused a major forest fire with extensive property damage and loss of human life. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OUR CAR MANUFACTURERES ARE MANDATED TO PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE OF LITHIUM BATTERY POWERED CARS (2025). People are going to die. A car loaded with that many lithium batteries layered right under the driver? We will see what happens after a few crashes with battery damage.

The buggy manufacturers association might have asked a similar question a little over a century ago concerning the safety of millions of vehicles on the road each carrying dozens of gallons of highly flammable liquid fuel.

The buggy manufacturers association might have asked a similar question a little over a century ago concerning the safety of millions of vehicles on the road each carrying dozens of gallons of highly flammable liquid fuel.
They did. Remember the Ford Pinto?

Yes. The problem was addressed and resolved. But buggy manufacturers had disappeared long before the Pinto,

There was a car that ran a busy intersection a high speed the other day in LA. Exploded on contact. Most likely a Tesla.

There was a car that ran a busy intersection a high speed the other day in LA. Exploded on contact. Most likely a Tesla.

A Tesla that ran the light, or exploded in flames ?
That was definitely a fuel (petrol, benzine) type fire.

I'd be surprised if a Tesla did run a light like that, at least in autonomous mode the systems are very good at picking up anything going on around them, vehicles, people, animals in front, traffic lights in more advanced modes.

I played it back 1/4 speed, no Tesla involved, or electric car I could recognise.

after the first post on the thread ,suddenly the whole thing became a discussion about cars powered by batteries,i could have sworn this was a drone forum

after the first post on the thread ,suddenly the whole thing became a discussion about cars powered by batteries,i could have sworn this was a drone forum
...oops. sorry. Looks like that was my post (maybe) that derailed things. grr..

A Tesla that ran the light, or exploded in flames ?
That was definitely a fuel (petrol, benzine) type fire.

I'd be surprised if a Tesla did run a light like that, at least in autonomous mode the systems are very good at picking up anything going on around them, vehicles, people, animals in front, traffic lights in more advanced modes.

I played it back 1/4 speed, no Tesla involved, or electric car I could recognise.
It was a Mercedes Benz.

The dude could have caused the drone to crash causing injuries or major damage to nearby property or structures. If this had happened in America the shooter would have been hauled off in handcuffs and probably cited with a felony related to shooting down aircraft.

Good one! The ultimate terror-at a toll booth-An Audi(unintended acceleration)behind me and a Pinto in front of me.😩

• Haha
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
People die in car crashes all the time. Don't think it's going to be a significant issue. Might happen, but then again I might win the lottery. LOL.

Pretty tight shooting with an air rifle as long as we are way off the rails here....

Lesson learned:. Communicate the inspection dates times and methods to those affected!!!!

People will still get upset but at least they know what's going on.

We are often our own worst enemies......

Pretty tight shooting with an air rifle as long as we are way off the rails here....

Lesson learned:. Communicate the inspection dates times and methods to those affected!!!!

People will still get upset but at least they know what's going on.

We are often our own worst enemies......
Did you read the article? They did notify residents of the inspection. This guy was NOT a resident but a tourist. And he was twice the distance they used for notification. 200m is more than two U.S. football fields. I think 100m (one field) is way more than enough distance from the operations zone.

The only substitute for cubic inches is more cubic inches

nono, it was a mercedes

Probably similar to a car with 20 gallons of gasoline under the backseat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest