DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What accessories do you recommend for the Mini 2?

AdamDoubleG

Reactions
Hi, first time posting - did a quick search and couldn't immediately see that anyone has asked this already (at least not recently)...

What accessories does everyone recommend for the Mini 2?

I decided against ND filters after watching a video that pointed out that you can't really tell a difference when you're filming subjects from such a distance.
Does anyone have anything you use to help you recover it in case of an accident or something, like a GPS tracker? Or anything you have just in case it gets stuck in a tree, out of reach?

I'm just generally curious to hear from people who may have had their Mini 2 for a while and have found some accessories that they think are worth having!

Ladders are good for a tree recovery.🤣 Been there and done that. The drone already has a built in tracker function, it's called "find my drone" (FMD) and whilst not perfect it made mynight time tree recovery very easy. FMD is also, from memory described in another useful accessory......the manual. LOL.

Tissue/loo-paper for drying the drone, controller and phone when they get rained on.

Are not filters used in filming to increase the exposure time and thereby capture some "natural" motion blur?

Last edited:
Not everyone has £xyz to chuck at a spare and consequently not everyone will regard £xyz as "cheap" nor consider a drone as a consumable.
If you can't afford to lose it, you can't afford to fly it! 🤣
They are $439 at CostCo with a spare battery, a case, and a 32GB microSD card!
The best accessory is a second aircraft, so when you crash the first one, you can resume flying immediately! They are cheap! That's why people buy them and fly them like they stole them! No worries!

Ladders are good for a tree recovery.🤣 Been there and done that. The drone already has a built in tracker function, it's called "find my drone" (FMD) and whilst not perfect it made mynight time tree recovery very easy. FMD is also, from memory described in another useful accessory......the manual. LOL.

Tissue/loo-paper for drying the drone, controller and phone when they get rained on.

Are not filters used in filming to increase the exposure time and thereby capture some "natural" motion blur?
For the price of an appropriate ladder, you can buy another Mini 2! 🤣

Indeed, they are, especially extension ladders long enough to reach into tall trees that like to sneak up on drones! ;)
Have you ever watched you tubes concerning Fred Dibnah? If you have or do "Did you like that?" you will get the joke if the have seen some videos concerning him.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ah but 'my' ladders were borrowed lol, are ladders really that expensive? seek
Indeed, they are, especially extension ladders long enough to reach into tall trees that like to sneak up on drones! ;)
YorkshirePud and GadgetGuy maybe, instead of trying to fight climbing into trees…bring the tree down to you. I suggest a chainsaw. Just like the ladder it may be hard to fit in your drone’s carry case 🙃. C737DF24-8686-42E7-9470-1F6EB5DC3A8F.jpeg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
YorkshirePud and GadgetGuy maybe, instead of trying to fight climbing into trees…bring the tree down to you. I suggest a chainsaw. Just like the ladder it may be hard to fit in your drone’s carry case
Humour well received (the difficulty in fitting ladders into a drone case) but....

NO WAY am I going to fell/kill a tree to recover a drone FULL STOP.
No I am not a tree hugger, I have felled trees on my land for various reasons but not to recover a drone.

The reason I react so strongly is that an USA citizen touring Europe or maybe just in Germany DID PRECISELY THAT and trespassed on private land to do so and posted video of it on youtube.

Besides 'my' tree wasn't mine, it was on a neighbour's land.

Last edited:
For me:
ND filters (yes, I use them for video, just like i do filming on the ground)

3 way charging cable from Drone Valley. Why does no one else make this? It’s very handy, especially when charging off 12v systems, which was one of the reasons I bought Mini2.

Small folding landing pad. Props kick up dirt and rocks around the camera/gimbal

A good travel case.

Small strobe to attach for daytime visibility.

Tablet clip, if needed.

Anything you’re likely to lose, like a spare gimbal guard. If you are someone who loses small stuff.

Reactions: Captain Spock
Humour well received (the difficulty in fitting ladders into a drone case) but....

NO WAY am I going to fell/kill a tree to recover a drone FULL STOP.
No I am not a tree hugger, I have felled trees on my land for various reasons but not to recover a drone.

The reason I react so strongly is that an USA citizen touring Europe or maybe just in Germany DID PRECISELY THAT and trespassed on private land to do so and posted video of it on youtube.

Besides 'my' tree wasn't mine, it was on a neighbour's land.
It was strictly humour…I’m with you brother on the YouTube video.

Appreciate your input on other down to earth issues on the forum. Thanks 😊

Gadgets are fun, but avoid the temptation to hang a bunch of things on the drone itself. A strobe is the one exception. If you're going to be flying at night, have a look at the VIFLY and the Firehouse Arc V. Secure them with Velcro.

Enjoy that Mini 2.

Reactions: AdamDoubleG
Get s strobe, preferably a Firehouse Arc V.

The improvement in visibility at longer distances is striking.

Reactions: AdamDoubleG
For me:
ND filters (yes, I use them for video, just like i do filming on the ground)

3 way charging cable from Drone Valley. Why does no one else make this? It’s very handy, especially when charging off 12v systems, which was one of the reasons I bought Mini2.

Small folding landing pad. Props kick up dirt and rocks around the camera/gimbal

A good travel case.

Small strobe to attach for daytime visibility.

Tablet clip, if needed.

Anything you’re likely to lose, like a spare gimbal guard. If you are someone who loses small stuff.
I was just in the home office and had a look into the Mini2 bag. In addition to the above, I have:
A pair of sunglasses
A lens cleaning cloth
A lipo safe bag that holds 3 Mini2 batteries
A clip for my iPad Mini 5 tablet, for when I’m using it
A sunshade for that tablet, as yet unused
Gadgets are fun, but avoid the temptation to hang a bunch of things on the drone itself. A strobe is the one exception. If you're going to be flying at night, have a look at the VIFLY and the Firehouse Arc V. Secure them with Velcro.

Enjoy that Mini 2.
Agree with this! A strobe is a very worthy addition to this small and sometimes hard to see drone. The only other addition to the payload I sometimes use is a prop cage.
Get s strobe, preferably a Firehouse Arc V.

The improvement in visibility at longer distances is striking.
If I recall, the Firehouse Arc V takes a Mini 2 over 250 grams? In the U.S., one would then need to register the drone. No big deal, $5 for three years. ONLY register at dronezone.faa.gov.

In many countries, Canada for example, over 250g means different training/licensing requirements for the pilot.

I’m using the Firehouse Dual White (previously branded Cree II), which keeps the drone well under 250g. On the other hand, the Arc V is one of the best, if not the best visibility on the market. Different people would make different choices about that, depending.

If I were buying today it would be the Vifly for small strobes, and the Firehouse Arc V for larger strobes.

Have you ever watched you tubes concerning Fred Dibnah? If you have or do "Did you like that?" you will get the joke if the have seen some videos concerning him.
Just watched one! 400 foot ladders! Very bold! However, today, we have free solo climbers who would climb smokestacks like that without ladders or harnesses!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
YorkshirePud and GadgetGuy maybe, instead of trying to fight climbing into trees…bring the tree down to you. I suggest a chainsaw. Just like the ladder it may be hard to fit in your drone’s carry case 🙃. View attachment 153306
Wait, are you suggesting cutting down tree to get a drone. Not a tree hugger by any means but your advice is bad. I know you must be trying to be funny or hope you are.

Enjoy that Mini 2.
We are! I like Gadgets, too! 🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada