DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What am I doing wrong? 2 issues Zooming and finding my Asteroid downloads

judell

Reactions
This is a great forum and I’m sure you have the answers.
I have 2 problems
1. Mavic 2 and Smart Controller. l can get the zoom to go from 1X to 2X if I touch the screen but cant seem to get the zoom to work past 2X or get the Zoom to work while holding down the FN button and turning the left scroll wheell/
Any suggestions or help is appreciated

2. I ran the Asteroid function and hit download from the gallery (Album) it finished the process but I cant find it on the SD card after I take it out of the drone to download to my computer. I know I‘m doing something wrong. I’m just not sure what it is.

Thanks to everyone for your tips and help
Jerry

Last edited:
2 things, are you sure the asteroid function finished creating the movie before you turned off the power? I did this with a Hyperlapse one time but luckily all of the images were still there. And #2 it might be far fetched but perhaps it somehow got written to the drone's internal memory if there was a hiccup with the card. I occasionally get the "SD card too slow" error in Dronelink doing mapping missions even though I know the card is plenty fast enough.

When I turned on the smart controller I noticed the Asteroid movie with the download arrow. I hit download and the movie was processed. I assume it downloaded it to the card but when I went to put the card in my computer to remaster the file nothing was there. I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong but I know people on this forum have much more experience and are much smarter than I.
so weird.
Thanks

Are you talking about the card in your Smart Controller or the one in your aircraft? Look at the card in the aircraft itself, the stuff on the controller are generally lo res files and for the Smart Controller to download the asteroid file, I would think the aircraft has to be powered up. I don't have a Smart Controller but I believe that's the way it would work...

When I turn on the smart controllerI found the file in “editor_cache” but no way to download it to my computer

When I turn on the smart controllerI found the file in “editor_cache” but no way to download it to my computer
Get the card from your aircraft, it will be on there. If you don't have an SD card in the aircraft, it will be in your internal storage on the drone itself. That would require you to hook it up to your computer to retrieve via one of the supplied cables and power the drone on. It should show up as a drive on your desktop. Just remember to remove the gimbal cover before you power up the drone so you don't get the "gimbal overload error".

Got it to work. Thanks
Now all I need to do is to figure out how to get the Zoom to work with the Smart Controller
Thanks again
Jerry

Hi Jerry.

I don't have a SC but I think the 4x zoom is only available when shooting 1080p video.

It's only 2x zoom in the other video modes.

The SC should be able to tilt the camera with one scroll wheel and zoom with the other without having to push extra buttons. I've read that's one of the nice things about the SC as you can't zoom and tilt at the same time with a regular controller.

There may be settings in the SC to assign functions to the buttons and wheels. Check the manual.

Well now we are getting somewhere. This helps a lot. When using other video modes I could only get it to 2x and discovered the fly wheel on the right would zoom up to 2X. Will give it a a go at 1080p. Thanks to everyone for their replies. This forum is terrific and the people here are even better. the tips and suggestions of tern stop me from spending endless hours watching outdated YouTube videos. It’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one making the same error as and that ther are ways to fix what I’m doing wrong. Thanks again to all.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54