DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What am I doing wrong with Kittyhawk?

John235

Premium Pilot
Reactions
1. I manually entered my MP and 2 of my 3 batteries, but then after logging on to the web site, I find it tells me I have 2 drones and 5 batteries. How did that happen? I can't find any way to remove the extra drone.
2. Kittyhawk does not see the drone, even though DJI GO4 does. I've tried starting up drone and remote after launching Kittyhawk, but GO4 jumps up in front of it, and switching back to Kittyhawk, I find it is not connected, yet I am connected with GO4 and can fly with that. Launching Kittyhawk last does not make any difference.

I really want to have an accurate list of equipment, capture accurate stats, and at least give flying with Kittyhawk a try. Any help?

Reactions: Bekanne
1. I manually entered my MP and 2 of my 3 batteries, but then after logging on to the web site, I find it tells me I have 2 drones and 5 batteries. How did that happen? I can't find any way to remove the extra drone.
2. Kittyhawk does not see the drone, even though DJI GO4 does. I've tried starting up drone and remote after launching Kittyhawk, but GO4 jumps up in front of it, and switching back to Kittyhawk, I find it is not connected, yet I am connected with GO4 and can fly with that. Launching Kittyhawk last does not make any difference.

I really want to have an accurate list of equipment, capture accurate stats, and at least give flying with Kittyhawk a try. Any help?
I'm waiting for someone to answer. I have a similar question specific to kittyhawk.

If you are on Android, go into the App Info for DJI Go 4, and clear the Set as Default option, so it won't auto open DJI Go 4 when you connect your controller.

Reactions: Bekanne
Once you clear the default, your device will prompt you for which app to use every time you connect the controller. You can then manually choose which one you want (and if you desire, choose to set that one as the new default or keep having your Android device ask you each time)

Reactions: John235
Thank you! I will do that. some have said they prefer GO4 for the actual flying. Can I run it after Kittyhawk connects and use that, or must I stay in Kittyhawk?

If you don't plan to use Kittyhawk to fly with, then there is no reason to pick the option to open Kittyhawk when you connect the device. I would suggest you just pick Go 4 when prompted, and manually run Kittyhawk separately to check airspace and get authorizations.

I wanted to try it before deciding which to fly on. If I should choose GO4, how can I get kh to gather device, flight and battery data? Must that always be entered manually?

Kittyhawk can sync to your DJI account and download the records from there. You just need to enter your DJI credentials in the Kittyhawk settings.

That sounds like the solution. Thanks. I had previously added my drone manually and now kh lists two drones. I have grounded the one manually entered, but how can I remove it? I had also added two of my 3 batteries manually, and kh showed me as having 5 after syncing and finding the 3. I was able to remove the two manually entered batteries but cannot find out how to remove the spurious drone.

That sounds like the solution. Thanks. I had previously added my drone manually and now kh lists two drones. I have grounded the one manually entered, but how can I remove it? I had also added two of my 3 batteries manually, and kh showed me as having 5 after syncing and finding the 3. I was able to remove the two manually entered batteries but cannot find out how to remove the spurious drone.

I believe you need to login to Kittyhawk's website to manage or delete those entries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98