DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What am I doing wrong with my exposure/ND filters? Washout...

erkme73

Reactions
I'm sure it's something stupidly simple that I'm missing, but...

upload_2017-3-19_16-25-11.png

This is with the ND16. It's a cloudless day in central FL, with what I would call very bright light. Aside from snapping the filter on the camera, and setting the EV to 0, what else should I do? Quite frankly, this looks worse with the filter than without.

That ISO and shutter combo on a sunny day will certainly be overexposed. If you're in Auto mode, switch to manual and adjust accordingly. If you like Auto, try switching to Manual, then back to Auto.

Reactions: erkme73
Thanks. So, I guess I need a little more hand holding. Without having my MP powered up, I can't see the settings at the moment. But, can I specify the ISO and shutter speed manually, or just the shutter speed? I think I tried that before and could only do the latter. If that is the case, will forcing it to, say 1/60 be enough, or are there other tricks?

How did you get the GPS info and camera settings to show on your picture?

Thanks. So, I guess I need a little more hand holding. Without having my MP powered up, I can't see the settings at the moment. But, can I specify the ISO and shutter speed manually, or just the shutter speed? I think I tried that before and could only do the latter. If that is the case, will forcing it to, say 1/60 be enough, or are there other tricks?
In manual mode, you specify ISO and shutter. Set ISO first, usually 100 for best quality during the day. Then exit the settings screen. You can then adjust the shutter with the upper right dial on your controller. Adjust it till EV reads 0.0 for correct exposure. Note that as your Mavic camera changes orientation or direction, the scene you're recording may get lighter or darker. You will have to manually change the shutter accordingly. If this is too much of a hassle when you are flying, you may just want to leave it in Auto exposure. I've had my Auto exposure overexpose like yours, but when I toggled it on and off, or restarted my DJI GO4 app, it was fixed.

How did you get the GPS info and camera settings to show on your picture?

I don't recall the setting, but under the video recording there's an option for SRT or something like that. It's a separate file that's recorded along side the video file. Same name, with .srt as the extension. When you play the video file (and the SRT is in the same directory) most media players will allow you to display the content by enabling subtitles.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada