DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What app woud you trust your flying wallet to

Crouching Leopard

Reactions
OK, so I have been flying for a while now and have tried DJI Fly, Go4, Litchi, Dronelink etc.

All have their good and bad points. Having said that, I stopped using Litch and dronelink after an unfortunate experience with Litchi on my mini and a professional drone flying friend who swears never to use 3rd party apps.

Lately however, and having flown a 2 pro for about a year as well as an FPV, I am thinking of going third party again at times. I consider all my drones to be like my children and grandchildren, except I don't like them to be away from me for more than a few hours (Children and Grandchildren happy to see once a week!)

Also, DJI disclaim loads of things if using 3rd party apps and dont recommend them even though they produce the SDK.

I fly purely recreational but enjoy the video and phot aspects as well as just "crusin"

So, based on the above premise, what apps are you guys happy to have controlling your flying family / wallet / bank account. Why and how long have you been using it.

Also, DJI disclaim loads of things if using 3rd party apps and dont recommend them even though they produce the SDK.
Despite what some DJI people say, using 3rd party apps would only void warranty if the incident was due to using the app.
In years of flying and reading forums, I don't think I've ever seen an incident that could be blamed on using Litchi.
Plenty due to poor operation, but none due to the app.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
OK, so I have been flying for a while now and have tried DJI Fly, Go4, Litchi, Dronelink etc.

All have their good and bad points. Having said that, I stopped using Litch and dronelink after an unfortunate experience with Litchi on my mini and a professional drone flying friend who swears never to use 3rd party apps.

Lately however, and having flown a 2 pro for about a year as well as an FPV, I am thinking of going third party again at times. I consider all my drones to be like my children and grandchildren, except I don't like them to be away from me for more than a few hours (Children and Grandchildren happy to see once a week!)

I fly purely recreational but enjoy the video and phot aspects as well as just "crusin"

So, based on the above premise, what apps are you guys happy to have controlling your flying family / wallet / bank account. Why and how long have you been using it.
With the exception of DroneLink the app is just a user interface for controlling functions that are already built into the aircraft. The same code is sent to the drone wether you use DJI Go 4 or Litchi. DroneLink is different but if something goes haywire that’s what that big pause button on the remote is for that everybody forgets about.

based on the above premise, what apps are you guys happy to have controlling your flying family / wallet / bank account
I'm using DJI GO/Fly. However, I'd feel perfectly safe flying with any of the apps you mentioned as long as my drone is within VLOS. Since I have the power to control my drone with the remote controller, I'm confident I can recover from scenarios where the app (or mobile device) I'm using doesn't work as expected.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
With the exception of DroneLink the app is just a user interface for controlling functions that are already built into the aircraft. The same code is sent to the drone wether you use DJI Go 4 or Litchi. DroneLink is different but if something goes haywire that’s what that big pause button on the remote is for that everybody forgets about.
I get what you are saying. Whenever in any auto function, I always watch what the drone is doing and have my finger on the pause button ready to intervene.

I've been using Drone Harmony (Android only) for my Phantom 4 Pro. They will be supporting the Air 2s in the next week or so along with most other DJI drones. Love the app and is very reliable from my experience. Not sure if they offer a free or near free version any longer - I started using years ago with my Spark and got lifetime for cheap 1x charge (don't believe it's that way today). My buddy uses MAVEN (Apple only) and seems to also be very reliable and still inexpensive 1x cost I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3