DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are you watching on Prime or Netflix?

Former Member

Reactions
During the work day, I always have the TV going . Im looking for some shows to watch on Netflix, Prime or Hulu (I have them all).

What are some of your favorites? Im looking for shows that are currently offered on any of the above networks, have at least 3 seasons, and can be funny, spy, mystery, or crime.

I just watch what the Netflix stock price does.
As long as it doesn’t dip below 30.00, I’m good.

Reactions: Former Member
Just finished watching “startup” on Prime, 3 series to date with more to follow.;)

Just finished the punisher, and started watching “person of interest” on Netflix

I rarely hear anything about Person of Interest and started watching it as a Netflix recommendation and thought it was a great watch (at least until nearer the end), I liked the simple concept of each week them having no idea who they're after or protecting and having to suss it all out.

Just finished Mindhunter season 1.

This is not normally my sort of show but I thought it was incredibly well done as they did a fantastic job making the serial killers so chilling genuinely scary.

I've finally finished Person of interest as annoyingly Netflix had the first four series but never got the final one in the UK however I noticed Amazon Prime had all the series so I was able to watch the final series. It's good it was able to come to an end but I felt it had got way too serious and missed the earlier seasons when it was just the two of them and each episode was on its own.

I've also finished the second series of the Punisher which I thought started off well but went downhill when it brought a series one character back and by the end it was just dull. It's frustrating as I thought Jon Bernthal was fantastic as the character and I was hoping to see more like when he's introduced in the second series of Daredevil and collides with him but there's just nothing like that.

I gave DC Titans a go on Netflix even though all I've heard about is how awful it is however I've been really surprised how much I liked it and had a real binge session with it. I've never watched Teen Titans although Starfire is awful and I've really no idea what they were thinking with her, I thought her outfit/look would be just for the first episode but it's for the whole season. The rest is good though particularly **** Greyson/Robin who instead of the usual cartoony sidekick has left Batman and is trying to leave his Robin identity behind as well as he's struggling to control his violence with the mask on. The young girl Rachel/Raven is reminiscent of Natalie Portman in Leon and plays the role well. Some of the CGI is a bit ropey but on the other hand it does give it more of a superhero feel and they've made a decent effort to fit it into the wider DC Universe although thankfully it doesn't try to tie into any of the films. I thought the Marvel Netflix series were a bit strange in the way they claim to be part of the larger MCU and make the odd token reference to remind us of that yet if that was the case, people wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage having super abilities as they're far from on their own.

I've been trying to watch the second series of Discovery but pretty much given up on it as it's so awful. There was a lot to dislike about the first series particularly the prequel setting which they made a real mess of by completely retconning some aspects of Star Trek then trying to stay faithful to others, it just looks ridiculous that the starship Discovery is an ancestor to Voyager. I did like some of the ideas though particularly with a prototype starship with a scientific crew being pressed into service with a warmonger Captain but it largely failed to deliver on that premise. I was hoping they'd make improvements for the second series but sadly not, while I don't mind the concept of a series long story the fact the pace is glacially slow and frustratingly it's focusing yet again entirely on Burnham is really not appealing.

Missing Star Trek I've turned back to Deep Space Nine which unfortunately has aged really badly, the CGI and model work was very ambitious in its time but of course now it looks pretty awful. Seeing the series on a sharp screen rather than on a fuzzy CRT shows how cheap some of the outfits and sets look as well sadly. However it doesn't take long to get over that and its long story arcs and developed character work extremely well on a streaming platform compared to TV. People regularly consider Picard as the best Captain but what I like about DS9 is that it feels more like the real world where unfortunately the right way to do it isn't always the best way and if you're facing the end of your species and civilisation, how far would you go?

As part of some of the reunion information I was reading an interview with Nana Visitor who'd been warned not to go for the role of Kira as it would kill her career. However she was keen to do the role as for the first time she would be a strong character in her own right rather than playing a wife or assistant to someone else. I never really thought about that although I always thought she was an impressive actress even back to one of the early episodes where they capture a Cardassian who she straight up believes is guilty and won't hear anything more. Eventually however we find the Cardassian is appalled at what his species did to the Bajorans and how he did nothing, seeing him crumble in front of the confused Kira was a good indicator of how the show would develop. Later on her trying to deal with the fact her mother was a 'comfort woman' is another strong episode.

For all the action, the Visitor remains my absolute favourite DS9 episode although plain and simple Garak has so many great parts. His reply to the boy who killed wolf story is particularly good:

Last edited:
I rarely hear anything about Person of Interest and started watching it as a Netflix recommendation and thought it was a great watch (at least until nearer the end), I liked the simple concept of each week them having no idea who they're after or protecting and having to suss it all out.
yes it was good for a while then started getting complicated and hard to follow, later episodes seemto have gone back to the easier concept.

For movies, one I found the other night was....

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot Showtimes - IMDb

Likely a movie I would not have watched were it not for Sam Elliott but it was really really good - well done and creative...no spoilers but if you are in the mood for a unique movie with great acting and a thoughtful, yet surreal plot, this one is for you!!

Black mirror
12 monkeys
Punisher
Schitts Creek
American horror story
Final Space

Reactions: AMann
Just finished re-watching entire Breaking Bad and then moved on to Narcos Mexico. They really make it easy to binge watch since the next episode starts in about 3 seconds and doesn’t give you enough time to decide that you need to actually do something productive that day.

Our Planet season one episode 1 the first 10 min will blow you away. Then I won't have to mention to watch the rest of the series :)
The photography is amazing and theres No,none nada computer stuff, all filmed on location around the world.

Our Planet season one episode 1 the first 10 min will blow you away. Then I won't have to mention to watch the rest of the series :)
The photography is amazing and theres No,none nada computer stuff, all filmed on location around the world.

Excellent show!!!!!!

Tonight Im watching The Civil War by Ken Burns. (for the 100th time)

Very sobering and makes me appreciate what we have.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143