DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your thoughts on the newly released rules by the FAA?

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So, it's interesting to watch the reactions to the new FAA rules regarding UAV's south of the border. But I wonder what it will mean to us here in Canada, in the long term. I realize there is no immediate effect, but will Canada follow suit eventually?

Once manufacturers start building Remote ID (RID) technology into their drones, will we be able to deactivate it here? I doubt that, unless their were variants destined for different markets.

I've watched a number of YouTube videos commenting about the new rules, and followed the conversation here in the "News" forum. One of the things I've observed is how "paranoid" the whole thing comes across from the perspective of some of the government publications I saw being displayed. Or maybe I'm just not evil enough.

Wonder what other up here in the Great White North think of all this?

So, it's interesting to watch the reactions to the new FAA rules regarding UAV's south of the border. But I wonder what it will mean to us here in Canada, in the long term. I realize there is no immediate effect, but will Canada follow suit eventually?

Once manufacturers start building Remote ID (RID) technology into their drones, will we be able to deactivate it here? I doubt that, unless their were variants destined for different markets.

I've watched a number of YouTube videos commenting about the new rules, and followed the conversation here in the "News" forum. One of the things I've observed is how "paranoid" the whole thing comes across from the perspective of some of the government publications I saw being displayed. Or maybe I'm just not evil enough.

Wonder what other up here in the Great White North think of all this?

It would kill the hobby for me. Really hoping it doesn't happen but we seem to have followed the Americans on just about everything else so I have no doubt it's coming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580