DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your thoughts on this video

Since you asked....

There is a lot to like here. I particularly like some of the colors and your opening was pretty compelling. Most of the scenery was spectacular. However there are some things that could stand some improvement.

I would suggest exploring adjusting the yaw and gimbal rate and smoothness and practice. With continuous clips we have to be super careful to be perfectly smooth. A tough order, I know. Part of it knowing what you want to do in advance as opposed to making corrections. I think sometimes it's better for a few moments to forget about getting the perfect framing rather than ruining a shot with a course/gimbal correction.

Take a look at the clip starting at 2:01. I see an exposure/grading issue that I think can be easily handled.

Lastly, I don't think I've ever seen a "guy wire", so I don't exactly know what they are... But if I were to guess that those wires holding up the towers were them, the drone is way too close. If they are guy wires, the rules say you need to stay clear of them by 2000'.

Since you asked....

There is a lot to like here. I particularly like some of the colors and your opening was pretty compelling. Most of the scenery was spectacular. However there are some things that could stand some improvement.

I would suggest exploring adjusting the yaw and gimbal rate and smoothness and practice. With continuous clips we have to be super careful to be perfectly smooth. A tough order, I know. Part of it knowing what you want to do in advance as opposed to making corrections. I think sometimes it's better for a few moments to forget about getting the perfect framing rather than ruining a shot with a course/gimbal correction.

Take a look at the clip starting at 2:01. I see an exposure/grading issue that I think can be easily handled.

Lastly, I don't think I've ever seen a "guy wire", so I don't exactly know what they are... But if I were to guess that those wires holding up the towers were them, the drone is way too close. If they are guy wires, the rules say you need to stay clear of them by 2000'.
All good advice. My feeling is, I don't need to even see the towers because the scenery all around is so beautiful, I'd rather see more of that. Man-made stuff like towers are boring...natural beautify is special. It was nice that you had your own built-in helipad!

Good afternoon everyone,

What are your thoughts and feed back on this video we did earlier in the year?

Communications Towers Flight - Yukon's Grey Mountain

All the best from the Yukon,
Thanks,
The opening sequence was excellent. Nice climbing of that mountain, then the dramatic reveal....good.

The main fault I found was the totally unnecessary fixation of the tower site- I timed it out at least 45 seconds of totally boring footage, with an inordinate amount of gimbal wobbles. the site was dull, uninteresting, and prolonged. You could have edited that whole section out. We all enjoy natural beauty a lot more than than man made structures, as was mentioned by Dave S and vindibona 1 . The towers are only worth a few moments of interest. The music was not really apt. I would have gone with something more cinematic. Color balance and exposures were right on.

There is so much beauty of worth around that mountain you could have used that 45 seconds to show it.

Such fantastic scenery in the Yukon. I'm not a fan of seeing the operator in drone vids, might be just me. That and the abrupt movements are the only thing I see unfavorable in the video, other than that...awesome.

I've been to the Yukon and Alaska many times and can't wait to go back with my Mini 2. The pandemic put off my plans to head up there this past summer to visit friends in Whitehorse and take the wife up to Dawson City. Hoping it's under control by next year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada