DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What can be done while Corona Virus isolation is on for me?

MavicDelight

Reactions
Good morning fellow pilots :)

Hope you are all well considering the current circumstance.

I live in Soiuth Eastern Queensland Australia, because of my age I have to stay isolated, and besides I have been stood down at work.

I have kept busy by mowing the lawn with a pair of scissors :D, done heaps of jobs around the house ect.

I can’t fly my M2P . . . Any ideas what maintenance or other things I can do with my M2P?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Stay Upright unless your sleeping :)

Good morning fellow pilots :)

Hope you are all well considering the current circumstance.

I live in Soiuth Eastern Queensland Australia, because of my age I have to stay isolated, and besides I have been stood down at work.

I have kept busy by mowing the lawn with a pair of scissors :D, done heaps of jobs around the house ect.

I can’t fly my M2P . . . Any ideas what maintenance or other things I can do with my M2P?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Stay Upright unless your sleeping :)
My favorite activity is to watch You Tube tutorials on editing- amazing time burner. And I even take notes or actually transcribe tutorials I want to keep and put them in a binder. Great way to burn up an hour or so.

Reviewing existing footage, and learning video editing. Almost all videos are too long, and careful editing will dramatically improve the viewer experience. All videographers fall in love with their footage, and assume that 5he average viewer will be similarly engaged. They won’t. This is especially true for drone footage.

Also, experiment with matching music to the edit. It is quite difficult to do effectively.

Why can’t you fly?
Not sure who that question is directed at but I cannot fly and am going through ADWS, otherwise known as "Acute Drone Withdrawal Syndrome." The reason? Well documented instability of drone trying to do hyperlapse sunset with 4 sequences last week. The drone flutters or wiggles like it's in a wind, when there is absolutely no wind. Tried everything(Forum advise, IMU and Gimble calibrations up the gazoo). Finally wound up using one of my two DJI Refresh replacements. The drone is in UPS netherland now, on its way to DJI Texas for a refurbed Mavic 2 Pro. It id due there Wednesay at DJI so I don't expect having a drone until the replacement comes back in about 2 weeks.

Reviewing existing footage, and learning video editing. Almost all videos are too long, and careful editing will dramatically improve the viewer experience. All videographers fall in love with their footage, and assume that 5he average viewer will be similarly engaged. They won’t. This is especially true for drone footage.

Also, experiment with matching music to the edit. It is quite difficult to do effectively.

This is very true and can make video difficult because you can record for a couple of hours then just take a few 10 second clips out of it. Years ago in the early 2000's a friend had been on a ski-ing holiday and brought back around two hours of DV footage but couldn't get it on PC so had come to me, this was very early in the consumer digital video days. We worked out how to record the video to PC (making me appreciate how great Firewire was) and then edited the video down to around ten minutes, just simple cutting, some transitions, a bit of music and text and transformed it from something no-one would likely ever watch to quite a fun clip that's been viewed many times by those on the trip.

I'm not great with video so video editing is mostly for just me but I still enjoy doing it particularly going through my old clips to choose the footage. When I typed my earlier reply I'd been working on putting together a locomotive video since there's not much train action here at the moment and there were plenty great clips I'd forgotten about (more great subjects rather than the video itself) and a few months ago I was working on putting together some clips from my pedal bikes. I never feel like I've improved much but on seeing my early mountain bike clips I had to laugh at how awful I was and improved a lot more than I've realised.

Why can’t you fly?

They've said they're in self isolation and a good few members here will be restricted on drone flying, in the UK it's not allowed at the moment due to a country wide lockdown.

Last edited:
I live in the UK & I’m on my 4th week of isolation..
The last 3 weeks of weather have been fantastic but decide always not to risk it & fly.. It would be just my luck to be stopped & questioned.. Killing me not to take my MA out for a quick flight.. I think there’s a few more weeks to go yet ?

I live in the UK & I’m on my 4th week of isolation..
The last 3 weeks of weather have been fantastic but decide always not to risk it & fly.. It would be just my luck to be stopped & questioned.. Killing me not to take my MA out for a quick flight.. I think there’s a few more weeks to go yet ?
and I think it is too easy to find out (if you put the footage up on the net) that you were outside using your drone.

Here you can go out if it’s essentia.

Anyway, Stay upright unless your sleeping :)

Learn how to 3D model your house using your drone will take you time and keep you busy.

I still don’t get it.. you’re confined to your house,.. got it,..

Why can’t you fly your drone? You’re not allowed to step out onto the doorstep? You’ve got nothing for a yard?

Some draconian laws in Australia that state specifically, additionally to being on house arrest, no drone flying as well?

Not sure who that question is directed at but I cannot fly and am going through ADWS, otherwise known as "Acute Drone Withdrawal Syndrome." The reason? Well documented instability of drone trying to do hyperlapse sunset with 4 sequences last week. The drone flutters or wiggles like it's in a wind, when there is absolutely no wind. Tried everything(Forum advise, IMU and Gimble calibrations up the gazoo). Finally wound up using one of my two DJI Refresh replacements. The drone is in UPS netherland now, on its way to DJI Texas for a refurbed Mavic 2 Pro. It id due there Wednesay at DJI so I don't expect having a drone until the replacement comes back in about 2 weeks.

Bummer, Dale! ADWS is rough.

My MA2 does these very smoothly, even in some rough weather. Hope your replacement does better.

I still don’t get it.. you’re confined to your house,.. got it,..

Why can’t you fly your drone? You’re not allowed to step out onto the doorstep? You’ve got nothing for a yard?

Some draconian laws in Australia that state specifically, additionally to being on house arrest, no drone flying as well?

In the UK you're not allowed to fly a drone in a builtup area and within a certain distance of buildings which means I can't fly the drone from my doorstep as it would be too close to my neighbour's houses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent