Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Something else (Explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smart controller + secondary screen

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions
I'm curious to find out what controller people prefer to fly using.

Topics for the comments:
If you're using a standard remote, is it out of choice or is it because the smart/pro controllers are too expensive?
If you're currently flying with the smart controller, and you're upgrading to the Mavic 3, would you also buy the pro controller?

I have always prefered a tablet or iPad with the standard RC. My favorites include the Nvidea, iPad mini, and currently a 1st gen. IPad Pro 11” which is used only with the drones.

Long live the Phantom Pilots!

Reactions: dirkclod
standard controllers with an 8th gen 10.1 inch dedicated I pad on all my drones

Reactions: Fplvert
I'm using the Standard Controller + Phone because I feel like the Smart Controller is too expensive just being a controller (and tablet). I would like to use my Tablet with the standard controller instead, but the tablet I own already (Samsung Tab A 2016) doesn't support DJI Fly because it's 32-bit.
Maybe in the future I will buy another tablet just to fly the drone.

Topics for the comments:
If you're using a standard remote, is it out of choice or is it because the smart/pro controllers are too expensive?
If you're currently flying with the smart controller, and you're upgrading to the Mavic 3, would you also buy the pro controller

Topics for the comments:
If you're currently flying with the smart controller, and you're upgrading to the Mavic 3, would you also buy the pro controller?
iPad Mini 5 for all my drones or my iPhone 8 if I forget my iPad

I use a standard controller with a iphone 6max, and at times with a second controller as a buddy wired to a ipad for my wife sitting in a air conditioned car..lol

Standard RC with Lenovo M10 tablet. Used to use a smartphone, but way too small for my eyes that are slowly going bad.

Last edited:
I used a standard controller with a tablet and I don't use a smart controller because the screen is far too small and the controller is physically too big. Cost is partially a factor especially given the Galaxy Tab S3 I use with the controller is extremely versatile and usable for many other purposes but if I particularly liked the smart controller I'd have bought one.

I started using a 6.44in phone which I found a good size but then switched to a 5.7in phone which I found too small for the fairly cluttered DJI interface. I decided to try a 9.7in tablet and found it worked really well giving plenty of space for the interface and a good amount of room for the video output from the drone. I tend to travel light with the drone so while the Tab S3 is a much larger screen, its thin size means it can slide in without issue while the standard controller will fit fine into a lens slot the smart controller can't fit in either position.

SC w/Feelworld monitor using the LifThor mount. 2200 cd/m² Brightness. I like having flight controls on the SC screen with a clean exceptionally bright 4K monitor for flying and photography. Monitor also can connect to my DSLR. Mount and monitor $279 Black Friday sale:

LifThor SC Pro / 7" FeelWorld monitor COMBO

20190921_103549b.jpg

Reactions: zeusfl
SC w/Feelworld monitor using the LifThor mount. 2200 cd/m² Brightness. I like having flight controls on the SC screen with a clean exceptionally bright 4K monitor for flying and photography. Monitor also can connect to my DSLR. Mount and monitor $279 Black Friday sale:

LifThor SC Pro / 7" FeelWorld monitor COMBO

View attachment 139282
Do you use an external battery pack for the Freeworld? I have a similar monitor for my A7R III with ext power. Thanks

Do you use an external battery pack for the Freeworld? I have a similar monitor for my A7R III with ext power. Thanks
No, I don't have one. Have three batteries and get about (3) M2P flights per battery. Battery life has not been an issue with my DSLR setup, but I don't shoot lengthy video captures like weddings.

I never tried. But with a full change, I can fly 5 batteries from my M2P and still have a battery left. The SC charged very quickly with the appropriate charger.

Reactions: Filmalaska
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu