DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What course with FAA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowcatcher

Reactions
Can someone please guide me to exactly what course to apply for with the FAA in regards to professional drone use such as in realty and building inspections ?

If you fly your drone for commercial purposes you need to obtain your Part 107 Certificate. There are many online course available or you can do a self study.
HERE is a link to the Remote Pilot – FAA Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide

Reactions: Johnsrog
Can someone please guide me to exactly what course to apply for with the FAA in regards to professional drone use such as in realty and building inspections ?
The Part 107 exam must be scheduled at one of the testing centers searchable HERE. You can easily pass the 107 exam with the free materials below. The 60 question exam will take about 20 minutes. Average study time is about 15 hours in total. The exam is NOT difficult, if you prepare.
1. Tony Northrup video and associated fact sheet. Watch this video first. Then watch it again. That will kill a few hours. See his web page for additional information.
2. The Official FAA Study Guide. This is comprehensive and contains just about everything you need to know. I read through this after watching Northrup's video, taking notes and concentrating on topics he discussed.
3. 3dr Practice Exam, as well as the practice exam and info on Rupprecht Law. These exams are very similar to the actual one.
4. Peruse YouTube for tips and most-missed questions. There are two or three that always come up.
5. Read the actual text of the Part 107 regulation. There are one or two test questions on this.
6. Familiarize yourself with the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and the Testing Supplement for Remote Pilot, you will be given the supplement to use during the test. Don't spend much time on either, though.

Reactions: Johnsrog
You’ll find a lot of regs posted here in multiple threads. Here’s a quick search done for “FAA course”
Here’s the same for “building inspection FAA”
Let’s keep things simple for all users.
Thanks.
42531DA0-D83F-4158-AD9E-167EAA6C79E6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members