DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Device for Mini 2?

David Smith

Reactions
Good morning world. From the Chilly UK. Ok. A lot of you have read and advised me about not being able to connect my device to the DJI Mini 2.
I've tried two brand new Mini 2's. And finally gave up. And went back to my 18-month-old Mini 1. I've tried everything you all suggest. Nothing worked(For me at least). I've waited 3 months since having that problem. But now, I'm about to try the DJI Mini 2 again. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Ok. One easy question for whoever wants to answer. And this question only applies to the DJI Mini 2. Simple answer required. "What device has worked ok for you with you DJI Mavic Mini 2"? I don't use I phones.
As I'm an android guy. Please add your answer. As I'm running out of ideas.
Thanks. Dave In the UK.

Good morning world. From the Chilly UK. Ok. A lot of you have read and advised me about not being able to connect my device to the DJI Mini 2.
"What device has worked ok for you with you DJI Mavic Mini 2"?
Whatever device you used for the Mini should work just as well for the Mini 2.
They use the same app and the drone shouldn't make any difference.

Reactions: msinger
Yes, I totally agree with you. It's been blamed on the connection lead. I bought three very expensive leads. None worked. Piots have mentioned that the socket on my particular phone (A Wileyfox 2x) does have a socket set rather deep into the phone. Making it a poor connection. But as I mentioned in my original thread last year. I was able to see the gimbal going up and down, by rolling the button on the controller. But no picture. All the time it was saying in red on the controller "Aircraft not connected" But It was connected. As I asked...What device are you using, please?
Dave.

Reactions: New England Droning
Whatever device you used for the Mini should work just as well for the Mini 2.
Seems like it should be that easy. However, he's been posting about this problem since at least December.

All the time it was saying in red on the controller "Aircraft not connected" But It was connected.
Which mobile device are you using now? How are you connecting your mobile device to the remote controller?

What device are you using, please?
I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro. You can see what other DJI Fly users are using here:

As Mentioned in my original thread last year. I am using. Or trying to use the very same device I successfully used with my Mini one. A Wileyfox 2X android phone. It worked straight out of the box with the Mini one. I've installed and uninstalled the DJI fly app so many times. I actually have a Wileyfox 2X phone dedicated and full-time mounted in the controller. But that would not work either.
You know. The most frustrating thing about this is. That I can't fix the darn issue. I've sent endless messages to DJI. The Makers. And No replies at all. WTF ??
During all this frustration. I sold. Yes sold my Mini one to my son. He could feel my pain/stress/ Anger, over this probably easy fix problem. So I bought it back from him. Went outdoors. Fired it up. Yippy !!!!!! A picture on the screen. I was back in heaven again !!
And I took off. And it did everything I asked of it. But I still want the Mini 2. All of you know that, as good as the original Mini was. It hates any kind of wind. Over half a mile an hour, it's saying either land or lower altitude. And I've had enough of that issue. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dave.
Ps. Forgot to say Hi to the contributor in the Windy city

DJI needs to make the smart controller compatible with the mini two this is gone on long enough

Good morning world. From the Chilly UK. Ok. A lot of you have read and advised me .. One easy question for whoever wants to answer. And this question only applies to the DJI Mini 2. Simple answer required. "What device has worked ok for you with you DJI Mavic Mini 2"? I don't use I phones.

For DJI Mini 2 for Fly App, I use:
LG Stylo 6
and
Blu v90 (*this phone does NOT have Compass)

Erm. No, I didn't. I don't remember doing that with the mini one.
I am sure you did do that with your mini1. Should be one of the first things that have to be done when you fire up the App, drone, and RC. You can connect the RC to the drone, but DJI won't let you fly without it being registered. The App should walk you through that. Try deleting the app from your phone, download it from DJI, reinstall, then try it.

I am sure you did do that with your mini1. Should be one of the first things that have to be done when you fire up the App, drone, and RC. You can connect the RC to the drone, but DJI won't let you fly without it being registered. The App should walk you through that. Try deleting the app from your phone, download it from DJI, reinstall, then try it.
Hi. Yes, you are probably correct. But I don't remember doing that. As an old guy. I was so pleased I managed to get it flying so easy. Did you see the bit where I said I was able to make the Gimbal move up and down. Using the controller .

Did you see the bit where I said I was able to make the Gimbal move up and down. Using the controller .
Did you see my questions above?

Did you see my questions above?
Yes, You can move the gimble up and down if the drone is not registered to dji. You cannot fly though. That should be activate with DJI, not register...sorry if I added any confusion.

Last edited:
Yes, You can move the gimble up and down if the drone is not registered to dji. You cannot fly though. That should be activate with DJI, not register...sorry if I added any confusion.
That question was for @David Smith.

I got a Redmi Note 5.. it had Android 8 on it when bought (used but like new off eBay) it worked immediately after installing the app.. I was a little perturbed when it updated itself to Android 9 yesterday without my input!! I was happy to leave everything alone at that and not mess with it as it already worked with 8.
It doesn't seem any different now though..
Cost me £60.

Just my personal experience.

I flew my Mini2 the other day with an iPad Mini 3 and it would pop up an error saying the CPU was out of resources or something similar and the video feed would miss frames, it also popped up this error whenever I tried to use any of the automated flight modes. The iPad also went from 100% charge to 10% in just 40 min of flight time.

I am planning to get either the Galaxy Tab s7 or S7+ later this year but will be trying either my Note8 or my S10+ for now and see if they are any better, though I did like the larger screen on the iPad. My current Tab A 10.5 2018 edition does not support the Fly app or I would be using it.

Odds are it's your phone. Have you tried borrowing a different brand/model phone from family or friends? You know from experience that installing (and removing) the DJI Fly app is easy.

Borrow a mainstream phone/tablet like Samsung or iPhone. If it works you know for sure the phone is the problem. Shouldn't take long before you know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123