DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do I need to consider when selling my Mavic Mini

YoMoma

Reactions
one Thing I need to consider, is that I used one of my refreshes just days ago. My Mini only had 3 flights on it at the time. I got a new plastic sealed box with a mini that seems to have a different serial number.
now I know I can transfer the last refresh to the new owner. Refresh has around 8 months left on it.
but I’m wondering if the replacement drone is “New”. I was thinking of selling the drone still in the plastic but if the new owner has a problem with it out of the box he or she may not be able to get it fixed without paying full price. Is the warranty transferable too? Plus I’m a little worried to advertise it as new in case the new owner might find its got a few flights on it. Was hoping to sell it with plastic still on. Was thinking that might help me get the most out of this drone when I go to sell it.

as it is a replacement for your drone then to be able to carry the remaining refresh to the new owner all you need to do is activate it as yours ,do a short flight to check all is well, and then you can sell it as second hand ,if you just tried to sell it as a new drone then the new owner when they registered it would probably lose the second refresh as it would not be linked to your DJI account

Edit Ninjad by old man mavic

Firstly do you intend to advertise the sale locally or on somewhere like eBay.
If its local you can easily explain the situation to a potential buyer with the possibility of a test flight.
If you let them have a test flight and they don’t buy then you don't have the sealed box any more but on the other hand if they are happy with the test flight & buy it then they have no comeback after the sale.
If its eBay I would suggest saying as new not new, you get lots of eBay buyers who will look for any way they can to get a discount, you don't know if it is new or refurbished.

Secondly you could go for the New option because if it is sealed box from DJI you would assume it is new.

Lastly if a local sale the buyer can see if it is new before payment & your responsibility ends when they hand over the cash.
If it’s eBay it all depends on the buyer if things go soothe or not.

In writing or via email, i.e. in black and white and non verbal, I would confirm with DJI whether or not the Care Refresh and or original warranty is transferable to the next owner.

From section VIII of the terms of service for Care Refesh: "3) DJI Care Refresh cannot be transferred after purchase."
I could be taking that out of context and it may relate to attempts by the purchaser of the care refresh to transfer any remaining care refresh to a subsequent drone of their's but...............

I would be wary of advertising as "new", I have seen that some people think they have been sent refurbished units. I do not know if refurbished units are sent out in sealed boxes.
You will be the one who catches the flak if it is a refurbished unit besides which, with it being sealed in a box it will not be linked to the controller, that's a dead give away that the controller and the drone are not an original factory pairing.

I would say you would be better to say that it is a replacement unit and explain the circumstances.
Do refurbished units need activating?

I agree with others, selling “like new” or “open box” gives you the opportunity to explain the situation as you have done here. It’s worked very well for me. Especially when offered with 1 more replacement thru “refresh”.
Good luck, how much?

Thanks for the info guys. I will double check about transferral if the refresh before selling.
but sorry guys I plan to sell locally. I’d rather get cash along with local pickup.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98